Can anyone tell me what the small pin hole on the bottom of my curve is for?
    10-21-08 08:56 AM
    should be where you talk into.
    10-21-08 08:58 AM
    I have an 8310 too. My guess its the mic for the phone. You DON"T want to put a pin in there of course.
    10-21-08 08:58 AM
    Haha that's the mic that picks up your voice. Weird spot, I know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 09:11 AM
    I feel like an *****. And I did think it might be some type of reset. Button so I'm glad I asked before jamming a paper clip in there.

BTW. Is there a way to reboot/reset my BB other than removing the battery?

10-21-08 11:05 AM
    theres a little app called softreset, search for it on the site

Free AutoLock & SoftReset Applications For BlackBerry | BerryReview.com �
    Last edited by bbsadaj; 10-21-08 at 11:17 AM.
    10-21-08 11:09 AM
    Or... [Alt][Right shift][Del]
    10-21-08 01:16 PM
    Yes do as frasej said. Much easier way to do it.

10-21-08 01:24 PM
    I feel like an *****. And I did think it might be some type of reset. Button so I'm glad I asked before jamming a paper clip in there.

LOL, at a former job, our CEO did that while out of town; he was calling from the hotel room's phone, talking to my co-worker, who was trying to talk him through resetting the BB.

This is the story as I overheard it, sitting next to him:

IT guy: There should be a small pinhole, possibly under the battery that you can put a paperclip in and reset the device

CEO: I think I found it.. I got a paper clip.. hang on..

CEO: Ok, I did that, but it didn't turn off or anything.. I just tried to call my wife, and she can't hear me, but I can hear her..

IT Guy: The hole was under the battery door?

CEO: No, on the bottom of the phone..

IT Guy: Umm, you pushed a paperclip in there??

CEO: Yeah, I didn't mess around either; I like, you know, JAMMED it in there.. and NOTHING

IT Guy: Facepalm

LOL
    Last edited by Sonicjay; 10-21-08 at 02:18 PM.
    10-21-08 02:15 PM
    damm i feel like an *****. my 3 day old phone froze up today while i was browing the web and i couldn't use crt +alt+del, end, or menu, and i didn't feel like opeing up my case so i decided to look for a reset button. find the small hole and sick a pin in there. . felt some moving... but no reset. tried a few times with no results and so i come online and find this thread. arrgh. so i make some test calls and i guess people can hear me fine. did i damage anythign in there? what was it that i moved with the pin?
    01-29-09 05:51 PM
    There could be damage and what you were moving was a small peace of cloth mesh that covers mic which keeps out moisture
    Last edited by Slingbox; 01-29-09 at 06:38 PM.
    01-29-09 06:24 PM
    ... I LOL'ed.
    01-29-09 06:54 PM
    Hee hee. I so missed this thread before. Hilarious.
    01-29-09 06:57 PM
    LOL, at a former job, our CEO did that while out of town; he was calling from the hotel room's phone, talking to my co-worker, who was trying to talk him through resetting the BB.

This is the story as I overheard it, sitting next to him:

IT guy: There should be a small pinhole, possibly under the battery that you can put a paperclip in and reset the device

CEO: I think I found it.. I got a paper clip.. hang on..

CEO: Ok, I did that, but it didn't turn off or anything.. I just tried to call my wife, and she can't hear me, but I can hear her..

IT Guy: The hole was under the battery door?

CEO: No, on the bottom of the phone..

IT Guy: Umm, you pushed a paperclip in there??

CEO: Yeah, I didn't mess around either; I like, you know, JAMMED it in there.. and NOTHING

IT Guy: Facepalm

LOL
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    01-29-09 06:59 PM
    Aw rats. I always thought that was a post hole to mount my bobble Berry to in my back window!

Bobble bobble, can you hear me now?

01-29-09 07:01 PM
    lol.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    01-29-09 07:04 PM

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    Gotta love the way vBulletin acts.

01-29-09 07:54 PM
    Yep, yep, yep... It's the microphone

01-29-09 08:24 PM
    Yep, yep, yep... It's the microphone

I am not so sure. I think that hole has a far more devious purpose. I have not figured out what, but I will get back to you when I do.
    01-29-09 08:30 PM
    Haha that's the mic that picks up your voice. Weird spot, I know.

its better then where they put it on the 8830... if you are right handed its great... but for us lefty's.... no one could ever hear me b/c i would have the dam thing (phone) turned upwards and the mic next to my nose. lol
    01-29-09 09:03 PM

Or... [Alt][Right shift][Del]
    Alt-shift-del does reset for me, but it doesn't bring my leaked memory back up. That only happens with a battery pull.
    01-29-09 09:09 PM
    There could be damage and what you were moving was a small peace of cloth mesh that covers mic which keeps out moisture
    ic. how easy is it to see if i moved it and replace if i need to?
    01-29-09 11:12 PM
    ic. how easy is it to see if i moved it and replace if i need to?
    You can take the small bottom cover off (the one with the hole) and take a look. There are vids on youtube that show how to take apart the Curve.
    01-29-09 11:33 PM
    Alt-shift-del does reset for me, but it doesn't bring my leaked memory back up. That only happens with a battery pull.
    try pushing alt-shift-del and wait for the blank white screen to come up, then push the code again and it should make your memory go back up.
    01-29-09 11:52 PM
    You can take the small bottom cover off (the one with the hole) and take a look. There are vids on youtube that show how to take apart the Curve.
    k thanks. i'll go take a look
    01-30-09 12:17 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD