Hey guys, my Curve has been running extremely slow and I'm sick of seeing the hour glass. Sometimes I get a call and press the answer key only to see the hour glass forever until the call is dropped. Its really annoying and I was wondering if anyone else have had this problem and what was done to solve it. I thought maybe my curve just needed defragging or something of that sort if it is possible. Please help, any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Big THNX in advance.
    07-09-08 06:25 PM
    Hey guys, my Curve has been running extremely slow and I'm sick of seeing the hour glass. Sometimes I get a call and press the answer key only to see the hour glass forever until the call is dropped. Its really annoying and I was wondering if anyone else have had this problem and what was done to solve it. I thought maybe my curve just needed defragging or something of that sort if it is possible. Please help, any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Big THNX in advance.
    Also, I wanted to mention that when this happens and the call is dropped, I have no way of calling the number back because the missed call is nowhere to be found. Can someone clue me in as to how to configure the Curve to log the missed calls so that I can return them..thanks.
    07-09-08 06:29 PM
    You have hit the nail on the head, that is a low memory issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 06:31 PM
    Ur runnin low on memory. Options/status/ file free...what does it say? Invest in a memory card.
    Go to this link to learn how to free memory:
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html
    07-09-08 06:31 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

This will help.

07-09-08 06:33 PM
    Indeed.....Memory......check your apps......you may have other stuff running (apps/widgets) that are sucking the life outta it......reset with a battery pull and that SHOULD help immensely.........but def check 3rd party apps......
    07-09-08 06:33 PM
    Start witha battery pull, that should stop the hour glass, for now.

07-09-08 06:38 PM
    most likely a memory issue, how big is you memory card?
    07-09-08 06:40 PM
    This is the infamous question that I always seem to reply to, and I always say the same thing, follwer Stoner's guide above in this thread and you will solve alot of problems. Memory optimization is key to having your Berry running tip top. I am not computer savvy at all and was able to do this fairly quickly. You will also learn things the average person who owns a berry doesn't. I am in the Facilities department for a global financial company, and know more about BlackBerries' than most of the I.T. guys. They were shocked when I told them my carrier is Verizon, but I am running Sprint's OS. I learned how to do this from Stoner and CrackBerry, that is why I always recomend his thread when this question get's asked. It works...
    07-09-08 06:55 PM
    Ur runnin low on memory. Options/status/ file free...what does it say? Invest in a memory card.
    Go to this link to learn how to free memory:
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html
    Why does everyone think that getting a microSD card will instantly cure all memory woes. Just because you have a microSD card does not mean you will fix all the memory issues!! There are a number of things that use device memory and the microSD cannot hold all of these

You need to follow Stoner's Guide to begin freeing up device memory!! Yes, a media card can help the issue... but there are other preventative measures that need to be done!! Badly!
    07-09-08 06:58 PM
    Mcclure, I totally feel you knockin' on that one...
    07-09-08 07:00 PM
    Thanks guys, the thread belongs to all of us.

07-09-08 07:07 PM
    Agree, I'm just trying to do my part for all the help I recieved when I was totally lost. This is a great place and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon...
    07-09-08 07:12 PM
    In a nutshell, it's not how much Memory you have. But rather, how you manage that which you have.

07-09-08 07:12 PM
    I purchased an 8 gb but the device only allowed 3.6 gb.
    07-10-08 04:09 AM
    Thanks for all the great advice guys!!
    07-10-08 04:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD