I'm on my second replacement Blackberry from Verizon. My first Blackberry was great it worked so perfectly until the keyboard stopped working, then they shipped out a replacement and it was slow the display didn't look right, and it dropped calls. Now I have another one, it works so far but its really slow, when I load web pages it takes forever, when I do a battery pull the screen is white for at least a min if not longer. I tried updating it with the same OS I put on the first phone 4.5.0.160 and that made no difference. I'm thinking maybe do a complete wipe and reload it? Ive heard its easy to ruin your phone is that true?
    09-11-09 11:36 AM
    The replacement should be a fresh wipe, so i don't think another wipe will help. Have them send you another one if possible.
    09-11-09 12:10 PM
    the easy part is always that something he you do can damage the os in the phone or deleted what you have most common, first make a backup oof your info, then you can make a wipe if you like or make an upgrade in your cel OS instead of using the same
    09-11-09 12:12 PM
    aprules2:

1. Do you have a media card in your device?

2. Have you tried the tips here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 12:51 PM
    If you are using the 8330, try my process of memory cleaning management.

I will advise you to enable your native memory cleaner. Follow these steps, always press ALT+left shift+H to see how much file free you have, make sure you have more then 12MB or 12,000,000MB.

1-When your done with the Browser, goto options then goto cache operations, press clear history and make sure you delete everything then close the browser.

2-At homescreen, hold and press ALT+LGLG, then press the BB button, press clear log, then close it.

3-Goto options, then goto security, then select memory cleaning, then enable it, then scroll down to clean when idle/idle timeout select 1 minute, then scroll down to show on homescreen, then save, then close out of options.

4-Then goto/find the memory cleaning icon, then select it then after it is done do a battery pull.

I advise doing this daily/weekly, also every time you do a battery pull you will have to re enable the memory cleaner.

Also deleting all your SMS/MMS and email/other messages is advised on a daily/weekly basis!.

Also make sure you close all Apps that you aren't using, if need be goto options, then goto advance, then goto applications and look for the apps you don't have use for anymore and delete them.

Also if your browser gets laggy/times out. Switch to your homescreen then hold and press ALT+LGLG and clear event log, then switch back to browser and refresh it by pressing (R)

For peak performance follow this process on a daily/weekly basis for your Blackberry Curve 8330.

*(Enabling your native Memory Cleaner will slow your Lock/Unlock access screen)*

I only have 15 apps and 1 theme that I use on a daily basis, also have 48MB of file free left. Though deleting certain stuff that I deemed I didn't need. My start up time is 1 minute.

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 01:05 PM
    I have 48mb free to I added a 4 gig card. The blackberry has nothing on it yet except the stuff that comes with it, my contacts, and opera mini. I did everything you said but its still slower then the first 1. It was actually this slow when i took it out of the box.
    Last edited by aprules2; 09-11-09 at 01:49 PM.
    09-11-09 01:46 PM
    Did you format the memory card after you put it in the BB? If the card is corrupted and you keep transferring it from one BB to another, that is probably your problem, not that all these BBs are slow.

Take the media card out and see if the lag goes away. If it does, move your files off the card, reformat it in the BB, then move your files back to the card.
    09-11-09 01:49 PM
    How do you format the card after? I was using the card in the first blackberry which worked perfectly it was fast and problem free. Maybe it corrupted when the first blackberry broke?
    09-11-09 02:17 PM
    Options, media card, menu scroll to format card. Sorry pull card out of phone and try without card to see if there is a lag then follow reformat instructions if there is a lag with card installed.
    09-11-09 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD