i searched for this topic and haven't found it... if something similar has been posted, i apologize.

when i go to the applications screen, specifically when i have hidden (sometimes, its wierd) apps, or folders the cursor is very sluggish scrolling around the apps. it doesn't do this on the home screen.

randomly it will start acting correctly, but when i delete or add something (even a folder) it will slow down again.

i can un-hide all of the apps and it scrolls around correctly. i haven't downloaded much to my phone either. the only 3rd party apps i have are BB Alerts, Google Maps and Chuzzle (a game). i can live with all of the icons being un-hidden, but i would prefer to hide most of the useless icons that are preloaded on my curve (facebook, email setup, bluetooth setup, email setup, turn power off, etc...) i have also deleted much of the unnecessary applications too. (languages, password keeper, etc.)

i very frequently delete the event log and browser cache and this doesn't help the problem at all.

i'm using a mini javeline theme (this also happened when i was using the stock dimenson L theme) and i'm using a pic from my memory card as a background. the fact that this happens with other themes and backgrounds and randomly corrects itself, leads me to believe that these aren't causes... just offering information...

the sluggishness of the cursor really isn't a problem, just a random annoyance. if it's a quirk in the os, i can deal with it. i was just looking for some input or advice.

thanks.
    06-29-09 12:14 AM
    i simple battery pull would fix it most likely.. phone on, take the battery out and replace it in 30 secs..

if youve already done that, check your file free when it seems to be sluggish, and report back (options>status "file free XX,XXX,XXX)
    06-29-09 01:29 AM
    File Free is 42,439,514

even with a battery pull, the cursor speed is still totally different when all apps are shown vs. hidden.
    06-29-09 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD