Has anyone use SlingBox in the BB? I used it on my Treo, but dont see a download for BB. Any comments? Thx.
    07-11-08 05:14 AM
    Its not out yet for the BB. It is supposed to be released sometime this year, but you know how that can go. One big thing I think they were waiting for is 4.5 to be more widely "offically" released as slingplayer for teh BB needs this version.
    07-11-08 05:20 AM
    I got into an argument with techs from sling media about the 8320 handling slingplayer software. I saw them at a convention I was at and they were running slingplayer on an 8820 and the tech flat out told me that the curve was not capable of running the slingplayer and I told him that the 8320 and 8820 are the same hardware wise except for the camera on the 8320. Dude was a ******** moron and had no clue what he was saying as far as a blackberry was concerned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 09:25 AM
    Either way, I am waiting very eagerly for this to be released. I wish VZW would get their act together and release OS 4.5 so I can get some HTML email and SlingBox! I had a 700wx and a Q9m for a while, and using Sling on those was pretty cool.
    07-11-08 09:32 AM
    I too miss the slingplayer. I had it on my ppc-6700.

I signed up to be a beta tester for the pearl but haven't heard anything as of yet. I'm guessing they're waiting on 4.5 for the streaming to work.
    07-11-08 09:43 AM
    I wish they would hurry up and release it. Slingplayer would look hot on a BB

07-11-08 11:23 AM
    Im shocked the RIM would allow slingplayer to work on thier devices. Either in the BB Internet Explorer or Opera Mini, I get warnings all the time that I have exceeded my bytes per browsing session or get a page to large to download error. It seems that RIM is pretty stingy on our bandwidth.
    07-26-08 08:46 AM
    I wonder if they will charge for the SlingPlayer on the BB. Probably, right? That sucks
    07-26-08 08:50 AM
    Yea I switched to bb from treo and miss the sling mobile a lot! Can't wait for the beta, I'm signed up to be a beta tester and I'll be sure to report as soon as its released

07-26-08 08:37 PM
    How do I sign up to be a tester?
    08-03-08 10:58 AM
    Im shocked the RIM would allow slingplayer to work on thier devices. Either in the BB Internet Explorer or Opera Mini, I get warnings all the time that I have exceeded my bytes per browsing session or get a page to large to download error. It seems that RIM is pretty stingy on our bandwidth.
    Gary
    how did you get the program and do you think it will work on the pearl. Thanks Brother it's people like you that I actually go on the forum for as I am not that knowlege about the tech stuff but when I tt someone I like to be a little educated. Thanks Again!!!! Gary
    08-03-08 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD