I have downloaded orb and usirius, configued and set them up, and have tried to listen on my curve but I get the error message "the media being played is of un unsupported format.". I am very new to the bb world - any tips to make this work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 08:32 PM
    Help !!!!

Same issue!!!!
    07-03-08 10:08 PM
    I have no idea. I realize that's not helpful, but I really only understand why this works on the surface, not under the hood.

mycast(dot)orb(dot)com fires up and when I click a link, it takes it right to the media player and plays.

I didn't have any errors, so I didn't have to troubleshoot.

I would verify every setting again and reinstall/change as necessary.
    07-04-08 12:55 AM
    I would love to know if this will be working on the Bold 3G Browser! Does it work on an iPhone? Anyone...............?

We are talking about Sirius.....right?
    07-04-08 02:50 AM
    Anybody know the answer to this? I am have the same problem- it opens the media palyer and I get the error message "the media being played is of un unsupported format.". I have tried all of the 3gp stream settings with the same result, Help

thanks,

AC
    07-10-08 09:27 PM
    .::Radio Bee::. might want to check this out haven't used it my self.
    07-10-08 10:37 PM
    It sounds like you may have a media player other than Windows Media Player set as a default. I had a similar problem and when I changed the default back to Windows Media Player Sirius worked great.
    07-10-08 10:44 PM
    It sounds like you may have a media player other than Windows Media Player set as a default. I had a similar problem and when I changed the default back to Windows Media Player Sirius worked great.
    I don't think the default is windows Media Player is it. What settings are you refering to? On the BB or the PC? Anyways I have the same exact problem and I have only had my Curve for 2 days now and all my setting are still default and still a no go. Video with audio stream plays fine but when I que an audio only stream I get an unsupported media error.

07-11-08 12:57 AM
    GrandmasterB- I am having the exact problem that you are. I can watch recorded shws with audio just fine, but the sirius stream gives me the error message "the media being played is of un unsupported format." every time.

Charle Russell- I have seen specific posts in other threads where posters wh have sirius working specifically say that we should change the setting to 3gp stream on Orb on the device. I tried Windows media and I still get an error message saying it cannot open the request media and then "the media being played is of un unsupported format."

So I am still at a loss, because I have followed the directions perfectly, but still no go. I have Verizon 8330- does anybody have this working on Verizon?

thanks,

AC
    07-11-08 08:23 AM
    I did notice yesterday that there is a little record icon next to my custom station icons in Orb and if you click it it allows you to record blocks of Sirius to your PC. Very nice because you can schedule it to record at certain times or in my case all night and then when I get to work in the morning I can just copy them from my pc to my 8gb micro sd card in my bb. So I will be able to pause and or start stop the Sirius as I see fit and don't have to have a continuous live feed draining my battery or violating the TOS . So far so good. I know it is not as convinient and switching the live feed between 95 different stations but for myself it is a suitable alternative. I still would like to get my Sirius to stream just to be able to say that I can but in the end I think I will just play it safe with the recorded sessions.

07-11-08 08:43 AM
    haha, gotta have howard stern all the time!!!!!

sirius is the best
    07-11-08 08:53 AM
    Has anybody that has gotten this error "the media being played is of un unsupported format." trying to play streams been able to solve and actually watch streams? It seems like it either works or it doesn't...

Anybody, help?

thanks,

AC
    07-11-08 11:34 AM
    Ok- so I got it working!!! I upgraded the OS to the 4.5 beta, and it works perfectly. I the that 4.3 on the VZW 8330 would stream, but i guess i was wrong...

thanks,

AC
    07-13-08 01:19 PM
    I've had the same problems. My OS is 4.2 something, maybe thats the issue?? I had Orb set for 3GP streaming, is it supposed to be set for Windows Media? For all of you who have made it work, could you post your settings for your BB and you computer?
    07-22-08 03:00 PM
    I recorded singing on voice notes but keep getting the " media being played is of unsupported format. How can that be if i recorded it on my Curve and want to play it back on the Curve. Help
    Last edited by curvyme; 01-03-09 at 06:55 PM.
    01-02-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD