My wife and I both have curves from sprint. I also have an airrave in my home to boost the signal. I almost never have 1XEV signal strength. For example just now I held my phone and my wifes phone almost touching. Hers had 1XEV with 2-3 bars. Mine had 1x with full bars. Any ideas why hers always seems to have better signal? Both phones have 4.5.0.131. Both have plenty of free memory. I have a few more apps and BB messenger 5.0. Other than that set up exactly the same. ( Btw battery pull twice today already just fiddling with the phone).
    09-09-09 10:10 AM
    Also when I go to connection status it says mobile network, not connected. Everything seems to be working but BB messenger is SLOOOOOWWWW.
    09-09-09 10:15 AM
    Also when I go to connection status it says mobile network, not connected. Everything seems to be working but BB messenger is SLOOOOOWWWW.
    Under Manage Connections, your Mobile Network should be checked and should read "Sprint". Scroll down to Mobile Network Options and that should also read as Sprint being your mobile network & network selection mode set to Automatic.

I live in the boonies and seem to always have 1XEV with usually 2 bars.
    09-09-09 10:58 AM
    Under Manage Connections, your Mobile Network should be checked and should read "Sprint". Scroll down to Mobile Network Options and that should also read as Sprint being your mobile network & network selection mode set to Automatic.

I live in the boonies and seem to always have 1XEV with usually 2 bars.
    it is checked and when i go into options it does say sprint. However when I go to services status it says Blackberry Enterprise Server Connection--NOT CONNECTED.
    09-09-09 11:02 AM
    BES wouldn't be checked unless your phone is thru a corporate server (i.e. work phone & managed by your company's IT). Private users are BIS.

What's your memory look like? Alt & Left Shift keys, push H key...scroll down and tell us what your file free is.
    09-09-09 11:05 AM
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) would not be connected unless you are using the BES service, usually in effect for company-issued or company-sanctioned phones that are connected to the company's Exchange, Novell, or Lotus Notes server.

You will most likely be using BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service). The settings for that (on the screen you cite) would normally be "Mobile Network."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 11:08 AM
    file free is generally between 41 and 45...doing another battery pull right now trying to get it to go to EV .......
    Data services ON
    Mobile netwoek- Sprint PCS
    09-09-09 11:22 AM
    file free is 43720591
    signal - 80dbm
    09-09-09 11:25 AM
    AGGHHH got 1XEV for about three seconds!!!..................................wait, now its there and staying. what the heck is going on?
    09-09-09 11:26 AM
    back to 1X without moving the phone...literally 2 feet from the air rave.
    09-09-09 11:40 AM
    Contact Sprint. You've either got bad hardware, or the service is not provisioned correctly. Go to Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Tables and make sure there a re a bunch of Sprint Entries. You can try to reprovision from the Mobile Network Screen. Press the menu key and select 'Start Provsioning'. If you're signal comes back with 1XEV you're all set. If not, call Sprint.
    09-09-09 12:11 PM
    I don't believe air rave amplifies the data signal. Just the radio phone signal. I had the same issue with my phone vs my wife's phone and that's when I started with hybrids. If you are on sprint, I would try upgrading to 4.5.169 as this has a much more stable radio. If that doesn't work, try a hybrid OS. .131 radio is terrible.

09-09-09 12:36 PM
    Also, it is important to keep your cache operations and your inbox clean. Especially your pushed content, but oftentimes a cookie can jam up your browser. Texts, emails, calls can all intrude on your data signal.

09-09-09 12:43 PM
    Contact Sprint. You've either got bad hardware, or the service is not provisioned correctly. Go to Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Tables and make sure there a re a bunch of Sprint Entries. You can try to reprovision from the Mobile Network Screen. Press the menu key and select 'Start Provsioning'. If you're signal comes back with 1XEV you're all set. If not, call Sprint.
    on my third try at reprovisioning...keeps coming back with an error PROVISION FAILED ( error 1012)
    09-09-09 02:16 PM
    there is a boatload of sprint routing tables but only one of them is bolded ( is that a word).....
    09-09-09 02:18 PM
    Also, it is important to keep your cache operations and your inbox clean. Especially your pushed content, but oftentimes a cookie can jam up your browser. Texts, emails, calls can all intrude on your data signal.

I keep everything pretty well cleaned out.
    09-09-09 02:19 PM
    Pull your battery out and see if u have an esn or an meid?
    I had a horribly fluxuating signal like yourself.

If it is an meid (with that kind of free mem you prob do)

Go to the sticky thread on this 83xx section and go to the new bell south .169 os.

I just did it last night and it has solved all my issues.

Go to the last 10 or so posts and you will see the issues I had and some people helping me out

09-09-09 02:27 PM
    Sorry its the celluliar south not bell south. Lol

09-09-09 02:31 PM
    so using an OS that is NOT from sprint will not harm anything?
    09-09-09 02:32 PM
    It is an ESN
    09-09-09 02:33 PM
    ok so u have an 8330e.
    nevermind about my experiences. i have an 8330m

you can use an os from a different carrier as long as you delete the vendor xml file so you get the new os with the sprint branding still
    09-09-09 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD