i have always had somewhat weak signal at my house but as long as i stayed out of certain spots it was perfect. now it doesnt matter where i am signal is terrible i have done the *228 thing is there any explanation for this?
    11-08-09 08:38 PM
    **update** i had replaced the casing with an aftermarket HONG KONG special i thought that have may been the culprit so i replaced it with the original last night ....no good no change at all.

Anyone have any idea?
    11-09-09 11:18 AM
    Did you try a battery pull yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 11:55 AM
    Yes batt pull is done daily.

Would a weak battery effect signal

11-12-09 12:15 AM
    Since this happened after the housing was changed, I'd have to guess that something happened to the antenna, or the connection to the antenna when the housing was changed.

Was the antenna gouged or scraped when you pried the small bottom cover off the phone? That is a common problem, where the small screwdriver that is used to pry the cover off gouges the antenna, which affects the reception. If you didn't scrape the antenna (the orange colored foil-like material under the bottom cover), then check that the connection didn't come loose.

11-12-09 01:39 AM
    +1 to xliderider. When I've seen this issue i the past, its been due to dropping or liquid damage. The thing about liquid damage is some people will be out in the rain on their phone with no issues, and some people will get it wet by having it on the counter in the shower. Sucks. Another observation I've made is that its gradual; a little liquid damage can turn into a big problem over time once things begin to corrode. Is your litmus paper under the battery cover or on the battery itself pink? Does your trackball light up still?
    11-12-09 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD