Ok, first off, the Gmail app froze again last night when sending an email. I started up Google Maps, hoping one would "fix" the other, and got an error with GM as well. I shut down GM normally, and somehow this must have closed Gmail as well because when I checked, it wasn't open anymore. Luckily I avoided yet another battery pull.

So this morning I'm playing chess (Medieval King's Chess 2) and it freezes as the computer is thinking. Right now it just sits there frozen and I can't close it. I really don't want to do another battery pull. Someone mentioned deleting the app as a means of shutting it down, but is it good to that while it's running? Is there any other way? Why isn't there a "force close" option??
    09-29-08 08:04 AM
    BUMP... I am having the same issue, is there a way to force an app to close?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 12:44 PM
    Battery Pull.

08-06-09 12:46 PM
    BUMP... I am having the same issue, is there a way to force an app to close?

As far as I've seen, just resetting will do it, unless you leave it alone and it happens to close on its own after some time. Using the QuickPull app is better than a battery pull, assuming you can actually leave the frozen app to run QP.
    08-06-09 12:57 PM
    Damn, that's what I figured but I hoped there might be another way... Thanks for the help!

08-06-09 01:06 PM
    I usually get mad waiting for the program to stop clocking and just alt-shift-del. Saves on pulling the battery but still have to wait and wait some more.

08-07-09 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD