What's up everyone. Any help is greatly appriciated!

BB Curve 8330 (very used!!!)

Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry 4.3 system softwear

Apps downloaded:
    Slacker
    Weather eye
    Vision (youtube)
    Viigo
    Google Maps
    Flashlight
    Facebook
    ECOE (ticket master)
    Earthcomber
    2 themes from Blacklite
    BT Sidekick

So I do the usual battery pull, and alt LGLG, iv used the memory clean up app, the *228 re-program, clean out the browser cache, and alt+shift+delete reset....

Problems, I have to do these things once a day if not twice. And not one or two of these options. I'm talkin all of the options. If I don't my BB will lock up, stall, reset, and shut programs down! And lately I find that its doin all these problem regardless if I use the clean up options or not!!

I'm ready to throw it at a wall and pound my head against a table until I no longer remember how much I used to love my blackberry lol!!

Its a problem. I enjoy my BB! Its provided me so much info in times of need that I could not venture out with out it now. I'm a sport bike rider and no matter where I have gone this BB has helped me!

But now I can't text with out having to wait for the letters to register, I can't switch applications with out it locking up, I can't send picture mail with waiting 5 min for the camera to switch to the sms/mms screen so I can send it. When I use slacker radio my battery dies in 30 min or it totally lock or even just completely shuts off. And u can forget trying to use more than one application at a time..... Ggrrrrrrrrr!

Now I know I want to upgrade the OS and hope that it solves a lot of my problems in one fail swoop but I have questions and worries! Will I lose my phone book? (I have contacts that I will never be able to reconect with cause I can't remember phone number in ther) will I have to reinstall all my programs? Will I lose all my web bookmarks?

And last but not least what's the easiest step by step way to safely update the O S cause I'm not an entire newb but I'm not bioll gates either.

Thanks again and if there's any info that I missed or need to provide to help resolve this issue plz ask me I greatly appriciate the help!
    08-25-09 10:29 PM
    I forgot to list:

File free status stays between 27 and 35

I'm running an 8gig sdhc card. (At most I use 2gig worth and I store nothing on internal mem)

And m media player pauses randomly on its own!
    08-25-09 10:43 PM
    I believe most of your problems will be solved by upgrading your OS to 4.5

First, make a backup. Then make a 3rd party backup:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Then download and install Sprint's 4.5.0.131 OS:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E

This is the best, most stable OS for your device now. Remove the vendor.xml file located in C:\Programs\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader. Then connect your BB to the computer and double click the loader.exe file in the same Apploader folder to load your upgrade.

Choose to have your files and contacts backed up and restored to your device during the update. Make sure you look through the list of applications that apploader presents to you and check off everything you want to load on your BB. Things like BB Maps is not checked by default. Uncheck things you don't want/need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 12:31 AM
    Many of the newer things you want to do are no longer compatible with your old OS there. Upgrading to 4.5.0.131 as X noted should help you substantially.

That OS handles memory more efficiently the 4.3 does, so you should see improvement.

Also, if your device is that old, you may be suffering from battery issues, have you replaced it yet? If not, look here for an inexpensive replacement.

Amazon

08-26-09 12:58 AM
    This is probably a silly question since you seem to know what you're doing, but are you closing all your apps properly? If you're leaving a lot of these running all the time it could definitely cause some issues.
    Good luck with that upgrade. These guys are definitely pointing you in the right direction.

08-26-09 01:07 AM
    What OS do you run now??? Anything under 4.5 would probably cause you to slow down almost all apps are now designed for 4.5...upgrade as stated above and please follow upgrade instructions!! We don't want you to brick your berry!!!

08-26-09 05:02 AM
    Sorry..tried to edit from my berry after realizing you stated 4.3 ...why is the box so big when we reply??? Can't hit submit!!

08-26-09 05:11 AM
    ok....... well maybe not.

i followed your instructions. yet my device still says its running 4.3.

whats up with that?

i backed up my apps.

i downloaded and the ran the sprint 4.5

should i have wiped the device?

and ran the loader.
    08-27-09 01:53 AM
    trying an advanced restore now...
    08-27-09 02:08 AM
    Did you remove the vendor.xml file in C:\Programs\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader?

If you did everything right, Apploader should ask you if you want to upgrade your apps and backup and restore your data to your device.

08-27-09 02:11 AM
    i sure did i put it in my recycle bin.
    08-27-09 02:14 AM
    In C:\Programs\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files, how many OS folders do you have?

If more than one, go to Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs and uninstall all 8330 software except the 4.5.0.131 OS software.

08-27-09 02:18 AM
    i only have the 4.5 in there
    08-27-09 02:20 AM
    advanced restore did nothing
    08-27-09 02:21 AM
    im clickin on the "Loader Handheld Application Loader Wizard" right
    08-27-09 02:24 AM
    No, double click on the loader.exe file in C:\Programs\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader to launch the Apploader program, close Desktop Manager before doing it if you have it open.

08-27-09 02:27 AM
    unfortunatly i do not and have not seen an "loader.exe" file in the app loader folder. y is that?
    08-27-09 02:30 AM
    How about a loader file with a cellphone icon?

08-27-09 02:31 AM
    thats the "Loader Handheld Application Loader Wizard" i spoke of.
    08-27-09 02:32 AM
    Oh, ok double click that. I've never seen it called that before.

08-27-09 02:34 AM
    i did. all it seems to wanna do is reload my third party apps.
    08-27-09 02:35 AM
    thats so odd one sec new friend!! it seems to be working now be back in a sec
    08-27-09 02:36 AM
    one sec new friend!!! lol! it seems to be trying to update to the new OS now
    08-27-09 02:39 AM
    it didnt ask anything about backing up and restoring the phone book though? it updatingg the os now!
    08-27-09 02:40 AM
    That's good. Make sure you checl off all the apps you want loaded on your BB. BB Maps isn't checked off by default.

Also, make sure you check off to have your data backedup and restored to your device during the upgrade.

08-27-09 02:42 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD