My Curve is stuck on saying I have three messages even after I have checked my messenger, email and texts and there are no new ones. I even deleted all texts to be sure. I was messing with mobile messenger with a friend just before it happened, but the mobile messenger icons are smileys and these are inbox type notices. I can just ignore but is getting a little annoying. any advice?
    10-28-08 05:01 PM
    If you've checked all the message folders then a battery pull may fix things for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 05:06 PM
    id go with a battery pull too

10-28-08 05:07 PM
    If you've checked all the message folders then a battery pull may fix things for you

Yep check all message folders, but also 3rd party apps that would give out a message. ANd yes try the good old battery pull. Hopefully this fixes you up.
    10-28-08 05:08 PM
    Do you have any apps that give you alerts like weatherbug?
    10-28-08 05:19 PM
    I had this happen to me and the message was in one of the folders I had hidden...

10-28-08 05:28 PM
    Battery pull didnt work, I think I checked all folders, I went to "view folder" screen and looked through each. Is there somewhere else that app messages would be? I have not downloaded anything into the phone, its only a few weeks old.
    10-28-08 05:42 PM
    Have you checked your voicemails?
    10-28-08 05:45 PM
    I have my email and SMS seperated so I hide the messages folder. Every once in a while I get a message there. If you have done the same you may want to check there.

10-28-08 05:47 PM
    un hide all icons and scroll over each one to find out which one has a (1) next to it....
    10-28-08 05:49 PM
    Yeah the voicemail icon is different, this is the icon that looks like an envelope and has a 3 next to it (for number of new messages or emails) I tried "mark all prior open" too
    10-28-08 05:50 PM
    un hide all icons and scroll over each one to find out which one has a (1) next to it....
    There is definitly a message somewhere, try this..
    10-28-08 05:52 PM
    They are probably in ur mssg folder. Its like a duplicate of ur email folder. Press the key with the bb symbol and scroll to Show All. This will show ur hidden icons.

10-28-08 05:59 PM
    Yeah the voicemail icon is different, this is the icon that looks like an envelope and has a 3 next to it (for number of new messages or emails) I tried "mark all prior open" too

If you don't have SMS and messages(email) seperate then doing prior open, you have to do that on all of them.... Also it can be new info that was downloaded in a email message that wasn't done downloading......

Keep looking you'll find it.
    10-28-08 06:00 PM
    Got it! It was the hidden folder called "messages". Why is it when I seperate my mms and email there is still a messages folder with random duplicates? Oh well. thanks again, anyone know a cool trick to get a scratch out of my screen let me know.
    10-28-08 06:20 PM
    You probably accidentally saved unread messages. I do this often while deleting spam. Go to your messages folder, click the menu key and go to "view saved messages" they should be in there.
    10-28-08 06:22 PM
    The messages folder will contain all the messages you receive (including missed calls), it will not show unread messages if you check them elsewhere, however, it will show missed calls as unread. Is that what the 3 messages were?
    10-28-08 06:22 PM
    I did not actually check what the messages were, I clicked the "show all" from the menu, then saw a shaded folder next to my regular folder (called "messages") and I entered "mark prior Opened". Not sure if it was an email or text but based on what time the original problem occurred, it most likely was from me and a friend trying to learn our mobile to mobile features for the first time.
    10-28-08 06:30 PM
    I bet it was missed calls. That's the only reason I have my messages folder active, I miss calls all the time and can't stand having unread messages at the top of my screen.
    10-28-08 06:32 PM
    The messages folder also showes level 1 messages or pin messages. This is the only place they will show to my knowledge so you do need it. I hardly get pin messages which is why I keep mine hidden.
    10-29-08 08:42 AM
    Chk ur saved msgs folder. U may hav e saved a msg b4 opening it and didn't realize it. Once its moved 2 the saved folder it may not show with the other msgs. So on the msg screen hit the bb key. Then scroll 2 view saved msgs. Chk that folder. Let me know it this helps.

10-29-08 10:20 AM
    I just joined this forum, to try and correct this problem...I've got the same icon with the 3 messages, but I can't get the "Messages" folder to come up...I've got my email folder, compose, saved messages but no messages folder...I've already done "show all"...any ideas???
    11-01-08 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD