I read on BlackBerry's Twitter feed that when one receives an email with a clickable text link, that one can get the address behind the link by highlighting the link and pressing L. When I did that on mine, it opened up a reply email.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks.
    08-02-10 03:30 PM
    L?

To reply I hit R.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 03:36 PM
    I'm getting the same results.

08-02-10 03:38 PM
    I know! That's what's driving me to distraction. Hitting L or R takes me to a reply. I read that pressing L with the text link highlighted was supposed to show the web address behind the text link.

Maybe the Curve 8330 doesn't work that way. Maybe only the newer models support it?
    08-02-10 03:39 PM
    While we're awaiting the process to reveal individual link addresses, try Menu>Get Plain Text. This shows all link addresses in the e-mail and their 'names'. The reverse is Menu>Get HTML.
    08-02-10 03:46 PM
    That is a good way. I had just hoped for the more direct. However, if it is the only way, it's better than nothing.
    08-02-10 03:48 PM
    I have an 8330 and just tried it for the link to this post. Just move the cursor to it till it turns into the hand and press L.
    Do you guys have "Dial from Home Screen" selected?

Last edited by albee 1; 08-02-10 at 05:57 PM.
    08-02-10 05:34 PM
    I have an 8330 and just tried it for the link to this post. Just move the cursor to it till it turns into the hand and press L.
    Do you guys have "Dial from Home Screen" selected?
    Albee, The OP is talking about links received in e-mails, not links on a web page:

I read on BlackBerry's Twitter feed that when one receives an email with a clickable text link, that one can get the address behind the link by highlighting the link and pressing L.
    08-02-10 06:03 PM
    What, it's supposed to work for both.
    A Link is a Link!
    Suggested from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 08-02-10 at 06:42 PM.
    08-02-10 06:39 PM
    You must be using some amazing OS, Albee. I do get a pointer hand when hovering over a web page link and 'L' reveals the address. However, within an e-mail the cursor automatically highlights the link (no pointer) 'L' does not have the desired effect in that instance.
    08-02-10 06:53 PM
    I stand corrected NG! What happens when you click the link, then press P?

08-02-10 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD