I dont even have my new 8330 yet and I'm already deciding which OS to use. What does this phone come with stock? I have read reviews that running 5.0 on the 8330 can cause random reboots and freeze ups because the OS takes up too much space. Im hoping it comes with 4.5 but I dont know yet. Any opinions would be great, Im not new to BB but Im new to this phone.
    03-08-11 05:50 PM
    My advice would be to see how the phone is working for you. At this point its probably coming with some version of 4.5, at least that would be my guess but everyone has their opinions on different builds of the OSes. I think I updated my 8310 to a "middle release" OS & stopped there because it worked fine for me. Now that I'm on the 9700 & on 5.0 I'm not jumping to 6.0 because this OS is fine for me, its all in the user. Just my thoughts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 07:30 PM
    I've been using 5.0 on my 8330 for over 6 months, the only issues I have with it is the memory leak. Other than that, and of course the very limited amount of memory to begin with, 5.0 runs like a champ for me. I have noticed that the theme I run on it makes a huge difference on whether or not I have the constant hourglass..Certain themes have constant hourglass, sometimes even requiring a battery pull to come out of it. Yet other themes I run never hang up like that and the hourglass hardly ever even makes a appearance.
    03-12-11 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD