I've had this wireless download option on my BB Curve 8330 for quite some time. I currently have v4.5.0.131 and the wireless update shows that I can download v4.5.0.175. I've never upgraded before and was wondering if it's worth it. Do my pictures, bookmarks, apps, etc delete after installation? And do I have to download this in order to see newer versions available? I use Sprint by the way if it helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 08:37 PM
    Usually if a update from your carrier shows up it is recommended to update it since some minor bugs might have been fixed. But before you do so, make sure you back up your BB so you won't lose any pictures, messages, etc.
    12-15-10 09:47 PM
    Absolutely make sure you have a backup using Desktop Manager. 2 backups would be better. You shouldn't lose any pictures, bookmarks or apps doing the wireless update from your carrier.
    12-16-10 07:29 AM
    i would most definitely update if it were me. but, i would not do it over the wireless update option. connect your phone to your computer and run the update through the blackberry desktop software.
    12-16-10 07:34 AM
    I've always wanted to try the wireless update, just to see if it broke anything... but my OS has always been ahead of the carrier's.
    12-16-10 07:41 AM
    I would do this over the computer, but I have no computer.

12-16-10 11:13 PM
    I would do this over the computer, but I have no computer.

It is a bit risky to do it over the air without a computer to back your data up on ahead of time.

Do you know anybody who has a computer they'd be willing to borrow you for an hour or so? (PC preferrably)...
    12-17-10 01:45 AM
    I did an updat on my laptop the only thing I lost was my high score on my games I didn't back anything up and I still had all my pics and apps but that was on my pearl flip I haven't updated my curve 8330 yet

12-17-10 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD