Hey guys,

I just recently saw one of my friends for the first time this summer and he has a Storm. He offered to trade his Storm for my VZW 8330 Curve, no extra cash involved. Has anyone gone through a similar experience going from a Curve to a Storm and if so, which do you prefer? I know the touchscreen is a preference and something I have to experience for myself but any advice/suggestions is appreciated!
    07-06-09 11:38 PM
    my wife had the curve for a couple of weeks. she loves her storm.
    07-06-09 11:55 PM
    Personally, I wouldn't trade in the curve for a storm. The curve is a superior device. The Storm takes some acclimation and is still very buggy. If you are someone who does heavy dut emailing, texting, and IMing, I wouldn't get the storm. Typing on the storm is an ordeal. There is a reason your friend wants to trade.
    07-07-09 12:01 AM
    Go for it! The storm seems like a cool device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 12:04 AM
    Thanks for the quick replies guys. Yeah I have typed on the Storm before and I hate how you have to wait for the screen to rebound back to type another key. I BBM/text a lot so I think I'll just stick to my Curve. The big screen for browsing/movie watching is tempting though...
    07-07-09 12:05 AM
    The texting/emailing would be the decision maker for me! I tested out typing on the storm and couldn't even type "hello"! Forget it! I'm a textaholic I need keys not a touch screen!

07-07-09 12:19 AM
    I wouldn't trade the curve for hmmmm let me think NOTHING...
    07-07-09 12:23 AM
    Yeah I guess I'll stick with the Curve. I'll buy a new housing or something to make it exciting again!

07-07-09 03:37 AM
    I wouldn't trade any phone for the Storm (no offense). Keep the Curve.

07-07-09 10:13 AM
    Most people I talked to had good things to say about the curve and some not so good things to say about the Storm. Keep the Curve
    07-07-09 10:35 AM
    I would make sure there are no hardware issues with his Storm. Make sure you give the click screen a thorough test to make sure there is a solid click in all locations, especially the upper and lower corners of the screen. This is an issue with alot of Storms and it can be fixed via a variety of methods, but a bad click screen makes the Storm a real PITA to use on a daily basis. Other than that, here is my post from the Curve forum on the Storm vs Curve issue:

I have both right now, if you want trouble free operation and rock solid call quality, Then I would pick the Curve.

If you need a decent camera, gps and want to enjoy a good multimedia experience, then the Storm is pretty good at those things but there will be the occasional glitches to deal with. Some have a greater tolerance for this than others, make sure you can deal with the issues that will inevitably arise.

They both do email pretty much the same, so it comes down to whether or not you want to learn how to use SurePress on the Storm. I grew to love it, and it's still one of my favorite features on the Storm. Others completely hate it so your mileage may vary.

I use my Curve far more than I do my Storm for anything critical and if I had to choose between the two, it would be my choice, hope this helps..........
    Last edited by armedtank; 07-07-09 at 11:08 AM.
    07-07-09 11:04 AM
    trade, sell the storm, then buy another curve in a few weeks when the tour launches and everyone who upgraded from curves will be selling them at a discount on ebay or craigslist. You will make some money on the deal
    07-07-09 11:07 AM
    keep the curve... IMHO
    07-07-09 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD