I hope this isn't too dumb a question, but I'm wondering if there is any advantage to re-booting my Curve when I travel? I'll be traveling from Ohio to Massachusetts tomorrow, and thinking I should re-boot when my flight lands to get new service books or something?

Obviously I don't know exactly how this works, so any and all advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.
    08-12-08 10:46 AM
    Well since it is a violation to use your cell phone on an airplane and you have to turn the radio off when before takeoff and most likely have to have the whole unit turned off then you might as well as do a battery pull.

And yes I have had the whole conversation with an air marshal @ 20,000 feet. Thankfully he was into gadgets and electronic toys so I could explain to him that I was able to disable the radio and still use the calendar, and mp3 function.
    08-12-08 11:08 AM
    might as well, you have to turn off your bb before take take off and landing anyway.
    what i do is turn the radio off and do my stuff like daedalus mentioned.
    08-12-08 12:39 PM
    Well since it is a violation to use your cell phone on an airplane and you have to turn the radio off when before takeoff and most likely have to have the whole unit turned off then you might as well as do a battery pull.

And yes I have had the whole conversation with an air marshal @ 20,000 feet. Thankfully he was into gadgets and electronic toys so I could explain to him that I was able to disable the radio and still use the calendar, and mp3 function.

that could have been pretty uncomfortable if he didnt understand....
    08-12-08 12:45 PM
    Oh god ya!

Thank god you got one who knew what you were talking about, tried that once, and he didn't budge, so I turned the phone on standby. lol
    08-12-08 12:49 PM
    Ya personally being held while the US Government takes a part my entire history is not my idea of fun and having my security clearance being revoked would suck. I would never be able to do IT contract work at a government site again.
    08-12-08 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD