I see alot of people are installing the Beta version of the new OS. Should I just wait until the final version is released? I am very new to Blackberrys and would like to know if there is any significant benefit to upgrading to the beta before the final version comes out.

When can we expect the final OS4.5?

Where can I download the Beta?
    07-09-08 12:25 AM
    I would definitely wait. There are some benefits but there are also a lot of bugs that you probably won't want to deal with. I'd just wait for the official if I were you.
    07-09-08 12:27 AM
    If you are new to the BB, get to know how it works
    first. Some have had good results with Betas some
    have not. Do you really want to find out which camp
    you fall in?

And you cannot ask for directions to where to find
    Beta s/ware - against forum rules
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-09-08 at 12:31 AM.
    07-09-08 12:29 AM
    If you are new to BB, I would wait. Your carrier or RIM will generally not help you if it crashes during install or any other problems. Plus as Michelle stated, betas can have bugs.
    07-09-08 12:30 AM
    Actually there are very few, if any bugs left to squash in the newest beta releases. As to whether or not you should upgrade, that's a personal call.

As far as improvements go, the operation is a bit faster, video recorder is enabled on Curves, a much better native browser, voice recorder enabled on Curves, and other internal stuff.
    07-09-08 12:38 AM
    After you get to know your bb better, defintely do your research in the different forums about the betas before you do any downloading.
    07-09-08 12:54 AM
    If you are very new like you said you are I'd probably wait. If you know how to recover from an "App Error ***" I'd say you're ready...Hehe

Like others have said the newer betas .52+ are very stable and have very few bugs left. However it is a beta so you can expect bugs and even worse a "temporary brick"
    07-09-08 01:00 AM
    I would definitely wait until the official verison comes out. Why do something like that then screw your BB up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 01:22 AM
    I would definitely wait until the official verison comes out. Why do something like that then screw your BB up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Agreed........due to my rudimentary BB skill set.........I think since my BB is workin fine I will not dance with the devil..........
    07-09-08 02:08 AM
    Agreed........due to my rudimentary BB skill set.........I think since my BB is workin fine I will not dance with the devil..........
    I would like to direct you to your own signature.

Most of us came to CB with little or no previous BB knowledge, including me (and it shows some times! ) or experience with OSs, DMs, .cod's, .xml's, etc. I learn by doing. So I did it. But I was also comfortable in the fact that if I did screw something up (which I have) the answer on how to fix it was either already here, or just a new post away.

Like I said, it's personal preferance if you want to upgrade or not, all I'm saying is that it's not anything to be afraid of if you want to try it.
    07-09-08 02:16 AM
    I would like to direct you to your own signature.

Most of us came to CB with little or no previous BB knowledge, including me (and it shows some times! ) or experience with OSs, DMs, .cod's, .xml's, etc. I learn by doing. So I did it. But I was also comfortable in the fact that if I did screw something up (which I have) the answer on how to fix it was either already here, or just a new post away.

Like I said, it's personal preferance if you want to upgrade or not, all I'm saying is that it's not anything to be afraid of if you want to try it.

I am just not ready to make that leap.......that being said others may have more huevos in the BETA area than this fat, old [email protected] I am getting there........perhaps I am overcautious with my HALLE(Berry)
    07-09-08 02:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD