Well, a few months ago my wife's Curve had a small amount of water damage. The only noticeable damage it had at the time was keypad issues (multiple letters would output when she would only type 1 letter). I have been playing with the phone and testing the alphabet in the MemoPad and I haven't had any problems at all. Is there a chance the same issue would occur again? I am not looking to activate this phone, then it fails because I cannot afford another phone. Is there some physical steps I could take to ensure nothing goes bad? Thanks !!
    05-17-10 06:47 AM
    Rust is your enemy.
    Put it in a bag of rice for a few days and hope that th moisture is gone.
    Then activate.
    If it works then huzzah.
    But if you need to change devices then I guess that's fine too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 06:05 AM
    A few months ago? Way too late for the rice-bag treatment - that needs to happen immediately and with the battery out. The damage cannnot be undone at this point and will only get worse as corrosion takes its toll (even after the phone has dried). I would advise against activating it if you can't afford a failure.

05-20-10 07:06 AM
    A few months ago? Way too late for the rice-bag treatment - that needs to happen immediately and with the battery out. The damage cannnot be undone at this point and will only get worse as corrosion takes its toll (even after the phone has dried). I would advise against activating it if you can't afford a failure.

She did put it in rice right away overnight when it happened. They keys used to output undesired key strokes, but it no longer does that.
    05-20-10 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD