I got my vzw curve about 2.5 weeks ago and I love it
    06-12-08 03:39 AM
    Yeah man get the Curve already. I just bought one 2 days ago and paid full price for it. I wanted it bad, so I got what I wanted. I only had my 8830 for 2 months. Now I just have to sell my 8830 to someone. Yes, I love the Curve, money well spent!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 03:53 AM
    The Curve is a proven device in so many ways. You can't go wrong. On the other hand, future RIM devices are going to have some new functions which may be cool, but which may also cause reliability/longevity issues. Go with the Curve if your email = job/life like me.
    06-12-08 04:11 AM
    Thanks for the response everyone!

I bought my Curve on Thursday night!!

I spoke with a verizon rep and had them move the early upgrade from my father's line to mine so that I could get the renewal discount, had them note my records, walked in to the VZW store, and here I am!!

I LOVE this phone! It is lightyears beyond the Q, and the BB OS is way more stable and mature than that Windows Mobile piece of junk. I couldn't be happier!! I'm still making little settings adjustments here and there (I can't believe how flexible this thing is), but I'm basically settled. I'm using the JiveTalk trial, but will certainly purchase it, as it is an amazing app. Now I am truly available on AIM all of the time, just like a sidekick, and it even pops up when I receive an IM. So cool! That is way more than any 3rd party AIM app that I ever had on the Q.

I am so impressed by the phone, the quality, the keyboard, the trackball, and especially the operating system. I've heard of people being addicted to these things, and I never really understood it. I always thought "I have a Q, it's the same thing, and I'm not that addicted..". Well, I can't put this thing down! It's just so much darn fun to use! I even bought the 4GB microSD card, and since the built in media player is so nice, I can finally carry only one device (no more iPod..yayy!!).

As you can see, I'm ridiculously excited to be a new Curve owner!! Thanks for all of the words of encouragement, everyone, you all steered me in the right direction!

Now if I can just get Verizon to give me the holster they promised... I called a bunch of stores and they all claim to be out of stock.. one told me they had them in stock, and then when I actually went in to the store, two different people told me that a simple plastic holster doesn't exist for the 8330. The store that I bought my phone from said they'd have them in stock on Monday, so hopefully there wasn't a misscommunication, and I'm getting the holster i want, and not that leather pouch thing. I see the holster does exist - on the VZW site - but it's made by Seidio (the same one you can buy here)...

Anyway, thanks again everyone!!!
    06-14-08 03:21 AM
    Welcome!
    Hope you like it!
    Enjoy your new addiction.

06-14-08 09:47 AM
    Thanks - I am!

06-14-08 10:11 AM
    Buy jivetalk for AIM. It is great and only uses data. You'll have the $30 unlimited data plan so you are good to go there. I added the $10 unlim txt option to so I never have to worry

06-14-08 10:42 AM
    Glad you love your new curve! I had the pearl for a few days hated it and so I switched it for the pearl & am in love.

Are you looking for the clear plastic skin case? If you can't find them at vzw, bestbuy also has them!
    06-14-08 11:03 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD