When I'm in my messages and press C to compose a SMS it says, "No message services configured. You will only be able to save draft." So, I'm assuming that shortcut is for email only. Then when I press C from the home screen it brings up my address book, and when I pick someone it just calls that person. THEN I set my left convenience key to "Compose", and when I use it, it does the same thing that it does when I hit C from the home screen. It uses it as a call button. I'm getting really frustrated. Is there any way to set up a shortcut to compose a SMS?
    07-22-08 11:22 AM
    I don't think you can compose a SMS that way. I believe pressing C when in your message list will only compose an email and if you don't have a Blackberry email address set up and activated it will not send which is why you are getting the "save as draft" error. If you want to compose a SMS quickly just type the persons name in from the home screen and hit the menu button and scroll to send SMS text message. Sorry I don't have any other thoughts as to what is wrong.
    07-22-08 05:25 PM
    It sounds like you need to disable your "Dial from home screen." Pressing C while in messeges composes an email.

While in the phone hit menu>options>general options scroll down to "dial from home screen" and change to "NO".
    Last edited by srplummer; 07-22-08 at 05:30 PM.
    07-22-08 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD