I have a Sprint Curve 8330m. The past couple days I've noticed a decrease in my battery life. Its 4:30 pm now, and the battery power is already at 60%.. phone came off the charger at 100% at about 9:30 am. All I've done today is some light browsing and one or two short calls. About a week ago I could go 2 days without a charge easily, now I'm lucky to make it through 1. I always close out my apps when I'm done using them and I have 4-5 bars 99% of the time. The phone is almost brand new (not even 3 months old).. Anyone else ever have this problem or could offer a few words of wisdom? Thanks in advance for any input! =D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 03:31 PM
    1. Close all apps running in the background (ALT+Go Back keys)
    2. Update/Upgrade the OS as newer versions can improve battery life.
    3. Reduce the brightness of your LCD.

I find those to be the killers of batteries.
    02-17-10 04:58 PM
    Any idea how to get Blackberry Messenger to close? Its the only app running in the background constantly. Also, I'm leery of upgrading my OS from .131 to .175 as I've heard so many horror stories about .175. But do you know of any reason this just randomly started happening? The phone and battery are both only 3 months old, if that. It seems like the battery life just got 50% shorter out of nowhere.

02-17-10 05:13 PM
    There are a few apps that will always remain open and cannot be closed. How are you charging the battery? If you are charging via USB all the time, that will affect the life of the battery.
    02-17-10 05:20 PM
    I use my wall charger that came with the phone. The only time it charges via USB is when I'm loading ring tones, music, etc onto my phone which isn't very often.

02-17-10 05:45 PM
    If you can get a hold of another battery, test the Curve with it. It could pretty much be a bad battery.
    02-17-10 05:46 PM
    I did some Googling and found one of the culprits.. I turned off the auto updates on Pocket Express and noticed a slight improvement. It still just doesn't seem right though, hopefully they'll replace it for free.

02-17-10 06:10 PM
    Check some of the other apps you may have on your phone. I recently had an ongoing issue withh BB App world.
    First, I barely used it and after I uninstalled the app, my battery and memory stopped the dramatic decrease.

02-17-10 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD