So I'd like to purchase a screen sheild for my Curve. Is there anything just as good as the invisible shield, however, cheaper that anyone would recommend? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 09:06 PM
    Get a Best Skin Ever .. they are like $6.95. Only way to go IMO
    06-02-08 09:10 PM
    Actually I think the BSE screen shield is like $4.95 I believe. I bought the complete body kit for $5.95 each. It is great and you can't go wrong in buying one. Enjoy.

06-02-08 09:14 PM
    Agree with all the above! Also, its a very simple install.
    06-02-08 09:36 PM
    Yea my fault .. I only get the full body and forget they offer just screen protectors for less as well.
    06-02-08 10:56 PM
    Are the BSE's the same material as IS's?
    06-03-08 12:56 AM
    Are the BSE's the same material as IS's?
    I would bet they are. I have used IS on my 8820 and BSE on my 8310. I could not tell a difference and everybody says they are the same material.
    06-03-08 01:00 AM
    *looks at newly installed BSE on my Curve*

Get one.

* pets Curve*
    06-03-08 02:38 AM
    Check on ebay for good price.
    06-03-08 06:29 AM
    Check on ebay for good price.
    Why do you always post this in every thread?
    06-03-08 07:06 AM
    lol just to add another post to his list :P
    06-03-08 07:12 AM
    I really don't know about the BSE. Can someone tell me about it or maybe a link?
    Thanks

06-03-08 07:14 AM
    I really don't know about the BSE. Can someone tell me about it or maybe a link?
    Thanks
    There you go.
    06-03-08 07:45 AM
    Thanks

It's a great skin. I got just the screen protector and it was really easy to line up right, which I am very picky about. You dip the adhesive side into a mixture of soap and water, then put that on the screen. This helps you reposition it once it's on and it's so much easier to get air bubbles out. The best purchase I've gotten for my phone.

I have that plus the Seidio rubberized case. Which is very good quality, but at $29.99 it is the most overprice, overhyped accessory I've ever bought. It is not worth the $35 I paid, after shipping, for it. Go to ebay and get a generic one off of EBay instead, you can get 4 for the same price as 1 Seidio.
    06-03-08 07:55 AM
    I just ordered a 2 pack of the BSE shield protectors, at half the cost of one IS. I wasn't happy with the smudged results I got with IS.
    06-03-08 08:06 AM
    I have the invisible shield...but with what everyone has said, I will get BSE next time...
    06-03-08 08:12 AM
    I just ordered a 2 pack of the BSE shield protectors, at half the cost of one IS. I wasn't happy with the smudged results I got with IS.
    Well I've heard from people on this forum that BSE and IS were the same thing except BSE doesn't come with the applicator or something so it's cheaper.

That said, my BSE wasn't smudged at all and doesn't have any air bubbles in it at all. I've very satisfied with it, and I usually never put screen protectors on my phones because I get very annoyed at them if they're not perfect.
    06-03-08 08:35 AM
    I am in the same exact boat. I have tried an Invisible Shield - at first IS just put a sticker on the 8300 box to include the 8330. Bad mistake they did not fit correctly. They now sell the correct one but I lost my faith in them. (I have a Vz 8330) Then I tried the Seidio skin - the corners keep popping up (no solution to apply with) so after reading all the hype about the BSE I decided to order it today. Hopefully it will arrive soon. Shipping was a shocker at only $2.00 to NJ too.
    06-03-08 08:43 AM
    I am in the same exact boat. I have tried an Invisible Shield - at first IS just put a sticker on the 8300 box to include the 8330. Bad mistake they did not fit correctly. They now sell the correct one but I lost my faith in them. (I have a Vz 8330) Then I tried the Seidio skin - the corners keep popping up (no solution to apply with) so after reading all the hype about the BSE I decided to order it today. Hopefully it will arrive soon. Shipping was a shocker at only $2.00 to NJ too.
    Only $2.00 for shipping? They put it in a 1-cent envelope and slap a 42-cent stamp on it.
    06-03-08 08:56 AM
    Only $2.00 for shipping? They put it in a 1-cent envelope and slap a 42-cent stamp on it.
    Very true but it beats a lot of shipping costs I have paid for.
    06-03-08 09:04 AM
    Thanks for listing the BSE info. I am currently using a different kind and it is not clear at all, very fuzzy. I will definitely check into the BSE.
    06-03-08 10:12 AM
    I posted my BSE impressions in another thread on the same topic, but I'll repeat them here: they're cheap and fantastic.

Just remember to apply it to the flat parts and let it dry before folding it over, and smooth it out with a credit card. If you aren't patient, the flat part will pop off when you fold over the sides. And remember to stare at the parts for a while before you peel them off to make sure you know where they go :-) they aren't labeled or numbered or anything.

I bought a skin for my DS and used it for practice before attempting it on my curve.

If you really want to cheap out, all BSE and IS do is buy helicopter tape in bulk and cut it out for your device. The stuff is sold as helicopter tape or racing tape. People put it on bikes and car bumpers to protect against rock damage. You can buy a big spool and cover everything you own all at once.

--Qfg
    06-03-08 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD