does replacing the complete housing void your warranty? just wondering, that blue is sic!
    03-16-09 12:11 PM
    does replacing the complete housing void your warranty? just wondering, that blue is sic!
    yes it does void your warranty, but i kept all my original housing pieces and if anything was to happen i would just put those back on and tell them what happend. they won't know the difference.
    03-16-09 12:27 PM
    yes it does void your warranty, but i kept all my original housing pieces and if anything was to happen i would just put those back on and tell them what happend. they won't know the difference.
    i did the exact same thing...and also now my trackball is purple...

I love that, where did you get that from please ?
    i got it as a kit from ebay actually...came with all the tools i needed and everything...i was very pleased...fits like a glove and looks great
    03-16-09 12:43 PM
    i did the exact same thing...and also now my trackball is purple...

i got it as a kit from ebay actually...came with all the tools i needed and everything...i was very pleased...fits like a glove and looks great
    Dont remember the vendor name do you? Was it from Hong Kong? Is the quality ok? Sorry for all the questions.

Tempted to do something with the trackball in mine too
    03-16-09 12:47 PM
    Dont remember the vendor name do you? Was it from Hong Kong? Is the quality ok? Sorry for all the questions.

Tempted to do something with the trackball in mine too
    I ordered from cnn.cn and i got my trackball from someone on CB. paid $7 for the purple trackball and the black ring that goes around it to hold it in place.

You could check out ebay or cnn.cn, there is also a girl on here that makes custom housing parts I think her name is sally mae.
    03-16-09 12:52 PM
    sorry but I don't remember the name of the vendor I purchased it from. I went on ebay and typed in "curve 8330 blue housing". yes, it did in fact come from Hong Kong and the quality is superb.

I don't mind the questions at all. I'd rather you get something good then have to pay for something that doesn't meet the quality standards that should be set for blackberry's lol
    03-16-09 12:53 PM
    they also have kits like this:
    http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...hou_yellow.jpg

It comes with the housing and a matching trackball. The quality doesn't look at nice as the one I got
    03-16-09 12:57 PM
    do you also get a white trim if you purchase the white case? like if you notice with the curve 8330 there's a gray-black trim that is there with all colors of stock bb, is that replaced as well wit white? can you post a picture of the back of the white curve? thanks
    11-24-09 01:33 PM
    How difficult is it to switch out casings? I've got a pretty bad track record with phones and I'd rather not ruin this one haha.

Also, after the swap how good of a fit are they and how long will they last. I've had problems with phones in the past fading color or scratching easily.

Thanks
    11-24-09 04:26 PM
    love this phone
    11-24-09 07:38 PM
    How difficult is it to switch out casings? I've got a pretty bad track record with phones and I'd rather not ruin this one haha.

Also, after the swap how good of a fit are they and how long will they last. I've had problems with phones in the past fading color or scratching easily.

Thanks
    It's not difficult at all, Fred. The housing kit I ordered (all black, from eBay as well) came with the Torx drivers needed to take it apart too. It took all of 5 minutes for the swap. There are a bunch of videos on Youtube that show you how to do it. Watch them a few times, and you'll take it apart like you've done it hundreds of times. It's quite easy. Just remember it's fragile. No ham-fisting or forcing.

Mine fit as good as the original. It will scratch as easily as the original. It is just thin plastic after all. Fading? Not sure, as I keep mine from getting suntanned.

Jack
    11-24-09 11:05 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD