is there a way to go into browser pushes and set up so that i quit getting pocket express and nascar from sprint on my device, every other day i go into service book and delete but they show up in a day or two later
    12-28-09 08:32 AM
    this is irritating and i'm also looking for way out.
    12-28-09 08:42 AM
    If you have uninstalled them, just hide the icons. I uninstalled Pocket Express weeks ago. It did not remove the icon, so I hid it. Pocket Express is listed under service books, but it definitely has not been pushed back onto my Curve.
    12-28-09 08:47 AM
    These icons are launchers and do not take up much space. Create a folder and put your unwanted stuff in there or as posted earlier just hide the icon. The icons will come with your service books or updates so they will continue to show up.
    12-28-09 09:59 AM
    Just hide the darn things and forget about them.
    12-28-09 12:02 PM
    hehe that was to the point...
    12-28-09 12:10 PM
    When I choose to hide the icon it just shades it, is this the same hide that you guys are speaking of? If so, that advice is useless, so less attitude.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 05:43 PM
    Wow! You don't even know what you are talking about and you are giving US attitude. Nice!

What you have failed to check is that you have the SHOW ALL option enabled. If you press the MENU button and UNCHECK "Show All" the icons will be HIDDEN from view.
    12-28-09 06:57 PM
    Thank you now for explaining things more clearly. See, how it helps to elaborate on certain pieces of information, rather than put in two cents and act bothered. To take the time and reply to a post, using a certain mood as if you are annoyed by such ignorance just makes you sound like a person to avoid rather than approach. Also, by commenting on how I don't know what I'm talking about makes you the Master of Obvious, seeing as how my caption is blackberry newbie. Congrats on the exerted energy.
    12-29-09 12:22 AM
    When I choose to hide the icon it just shades it, is this the same hide that you guys are speaking of?
    Even better than hiding IMHO is moving to an unused folder. Then the ivon can be grey or not and still out of sight, out of mind. I keep a folder named Useless for all this crap.

12-29-09 06:22 AM
    I understand that hiding an icon or moving it to a folder is a helpful suggestion. So far it's been the only, however think of it as a house while cleaning. You can sweep dirt under the rug or may put dirty clothes and junk in a closet, but it is still there.

12-29-09 10:03 AM
    The problem is that you (as the user) can't delete those icons. They are pushed by the carrier. They will keep coming back. There's nothing the user can do about it other than hiding them and forgetting about them. They are merely installers and don't take up much space in the device memory. So rather than worrying about them, the best thing to do is to just hide the darn things and forget about them.
    12-29-09 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD