I am about to buy a Blackberry Curve from AT&T and want to set up my work e-mail to sync with my BB. We use a Microsoft Exchange Server so I'm trying to figure out how to get my work e-mail set up on my BB.

The guy at the store said to just connect the phone to my computer and sync it with Outlook. The only problem is, I work in a remote office and I have to do a Remote Desktop Connection from my computer to the home office to access Outlook (my work is stuck in the stone ages and won't just set up a VPN for our remote office that I work at) so when I connect the phone to the computer, the remote desktop connection doesn't know my phone is connected. Is there a way to just set up the e-mail account info in my BB and it will start receiving my e-mails?

I guess I'm just an ***** and want to make sure I can am able to set up my work e-mail on the BB before I go purchase it. Any help is appreciated.
    07-10-08 09:17 PM
    I guess your work does not have outlook webaccess? If they do you can do this. There is always redirector, but this software stinks. Have to leave your computer on all the time and does not send attachements. Maybe you can talk to your IT and see if they can enable pop or IMAP from the server. Then you can configure it on the BIS.

You maybe can set a BIS acct and have your IT set a fwd a copy rule to that account and it will then send it to the device.
    07-10-08 09:23 PM
    I set up a forwarding rule from Outlook Exchange & get my e-mails. But if I try to reply to them I end up sending it to myself. My IT dept says I need to have BES.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 09:33 PM
    I set up a forwarding rule from Outlook Exchange & get my e-mails. But if I try to reply to them I end up sending it to myself. My IT dept says I need to have BES.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What email address are teh mails being fwd to? That should not happen, I have set up several in this manner and have not had this situation.
    07-10-08 09:35 PM
    It sounds like your working on a citrix server trust me is much better than a vpn connection however if your IT department told you that you need to have BES that means there probably is no web access set up. however if you go to set up your email account and it fails it gives you an option to enter the servers address and some other crap if your IT department will give you the information you should be able to set up the account. don't worry syncing to out look just syncs your contacts and tasks and stuff it's not needed to set up your email. otherwise you'll need BES.
    07-10-08 10:28 PM
    my company has microsoft office outlook web access provided by microrosoft exchange server 2003 how do i set it up on my blackberry 8120
    07-10-08 10:46 PM
    my company has microsoft office outlook web access provided by microrosoft exchange server 2003 how do i set it up on my blackberry 8120
    Go to your carrier's BIS site and set it up from there. Add an account, enter your email address and password. It should work from there.
    07-11-08 06:11 AM
    Okay, I guess I do have Outlook Web Access. Does this make things easier?
    07-11-08 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD