Hey Guys,

My school recently went through a server change from their own servers, to being hosted by Google, meaning we have a subsection(?) in Gmail that is specifically created for the school. The problem is that it isn't Gmail exactly, I still have @wfu.edu for my email address. Before, the old servers used POP and my Curve 8330 worked fine, perfectly, with all my emails prior to this "upgrade." Now, I removed my account, and set up a new one but can't get any messages to my phone. I need to know what I need to do exactly, or if anyone has ideas. I've been looking around, I have IMAP enabled on my Gmail settings but can't get anything through.

Side note: I also used Thunderbird as a shortcut to my emails and this doesn't work either after the server changes; have been fiddling with it but can't get it to work.

After re-setting up the account again, I got a message telling me that if I'm using a client (which I used to, Thunderbird) to allow emails to be kept on the server (that's how I've always had it) but even with the setting as asked, nothing.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.
    01-19-10 02:57 AM
    Have you thought setting up a bis @sprint.blackberry.com account on the phone then set your google hybrid or what ever to forward or cc mail to the bb account.
    01-19-10 03:01 AM
    Can you manually set the account up and use the server name 'imap.gmail.com' ??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 03:03 AM
    I haven't tried that yet. Doing that would replicate the same way I received my emails previously? All messages in the created email icon and in real time correct?
    01-19-10 03:04 AM
    @plunkingtom, what exactly am I supposed to do here? The only thing I see are the same options, plus a couple more, of what I can access from my phone.
    @Blitzed, I've done that with Thunderbird but it's not recognizing that such an email account exists/can't access the server.
    01-19-10 03:11 AM
    I believe so... I am not sure what your email at school is or how it works... you might also contact their it person there...
    01-19-10 03:13 AM
    I've talked the guys here (my school) and they just link me to Gmail's help stuff ( which I've read plenty of time). I've found this Google apps but when I click to install the gmail app, nothing happens (I'm using Opera Mini 5).
    01-19-10 03:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD