How do I do this? I just got a bb curve and I'm loving it but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn down the ring volume or set it to vibrate. I can't believe I'm actually having to ask this, but there it is!
    06-26-08 09:46 PM
    Go to profiles (speaker icon) in the main menu, then scroll to the bottom where it says advanced, then select the profile you want to set. You can adjust all your settings in there for phone calls, e-mails, texts, etc. To simply set it to vibrate, just go to profiles in the main menu again and just select vibrate, and you're golden.
    06-26-08 09:57 PM
    wow, thanks. I knew it had to be something really simple and obvious.
    06-26-08 10:02 PM
    wow, thanks. I knew it had to be something really simple and obvious.
    Hehe, the BB OS takes a little while to get the hang of. You'll get used to it! Welcome to the forums.
    06-26-08 10:11 PM
    Yes it does take a little to but you will be a pro in no time. Welcome to the forums.
    06-26-08 10:15 PM
    Welcome to CB your already starting to make new friends. LOL
    06-26-08 10:17 PM
    okay, another question--why is my phone now not ringing? In the active profile, which I have selected, it has my ringtone set to high. I do not have anything set to vibrate. Did I somehow mute this? Ack! Why is it the little things that are killing me?
    06-26-08 10:33 PM
    do you have a ringtone selected is it in a holster if so what are the holster setting?
    06-26-08 10:36 PM
    Under advanced settings/phone I have a ringtone set for both out of and in holster. Speaking of, what is 'the holster'--the case that it came with? Anyway, both are set to none for vibrate and have a ringtone.
    06-26-08 10:44 PM
    Under advanced settings/phone I have a ringtone set for both out of and in holster. Speaking of, what is 'the holster'--the case that it came with? Anyway, both are set to none for vibrate and have a ringtone.
    The holster setting is pretty much for any holster or sleeve you would put your BB in that has a magnet to trigger the "in holster" setting.
    06-26-08 11:17 PM
    Hey Kristen
    welcome to the crack! when you open your phone profile you said you have your volume set to high. What does your ringer choice say? is there something listed there? or does it say mute? if you have a downloaded song be sure your player plays the tune. I downloaded a song that was "silent" and I had to delete it and re dl it to work right.
    06-26-08 11:24 PM
    okay, so yesterday my ringtone (linus and lucy which I got from this amazing community!) was working just fine. As were the other ones I downloaded for my spouse and other family members. And it's not set to mute, I just double checked.

Here's another fun fact--when going into profiles I just selected 'phone only' and called my bb from home line and it rang.

I have also turn all virbration off of everything in my profile and when not on ''phone only" it is totally silent.

Is there a mute button that I could have hit somehow???
    06-26-08 11:35 PM
    Ha ha I member wondering the same thing, I called verizon and asked I know lame lol... But I hardly ever use vibrate beings vzw said it takes more battery power to viberate then when it just rings ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 01:40 AM
    Go to the profiles icon on your screen click it and then click vibrate. Your all set up.

06-27-08 01:45 AM
    I thought it was odd too that they would bury some of the common settings in such obscure file tree locations. I would think there would be a quick way to mute or go to vibe when going into a meeting.

06-27-08 07:46 AM
    i set my profile to vibrate but when certain ppl call me it still plays my ring tone??
    09-02-10 01:47 PM
    From your Address Book select a contact that is ringing when it shouldn't and select Menu/Edit and see what the Phone setting is set to. For a shortcut from your home screen, try pressing and holding the Q key. It should toggle between your "Active Profile" and Vibrate. Saves you from having to go into Profiles.

Last edited by albee 1; 09-02-10 at 06:11 PM.
    09-02-10 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD