does anyone know how to make a miniopera a default browser?
    i dont want the bb ie to be starting at all im not to happy with it
    11-14-08 08:20 AM
    No, you cannot set Opera Mini as the default browser...
    11-14-08 08:21 AM
    damn it!!!!!!!
    why not? ( seriously)
    11-14-08 08:28 AM
    Even when you use opera mini to look something up, it will always use the default browser. That is just how it is...
    11-14-08 08:30 AM
    Even when you use opera mini to look something up, it will always use the default browser

i dont understand, what do you mean bu that? if i click on the O on my blackberry to start opera it still runs the default bb browser in the background?
    im confused
    11-14-08 08:38 AM
    you would goto options-advanced options- click on browser and change the options there but it is limited i believe to the browers that come preloaded

whenever you want to download something it has to go through permissions on the default browser i believe it has to do with security reasons
    11-14-08 08:47 AM
    It will always use they default browser, like i said. It is keyed in the program, there is nothing that can be done...
    11-14-08 09:02 AM
    ok thx
    its too bad though, for us
    11-14-08 09:06 AM
    OperaMini is a 3rd party app, not something BB developed, or necessarily supports. As far as BB is concerned, If you want to run it, fine, if not...that's ok, too. Don't know that OperaMini has made its code "BB friendly", either, as is iGoogle for a home page. No way to make any form of OperaMini into your home page until OperaMini & RIM want it to happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 09:26 AM
    It will always use they default browser, like i said. It is keyed in the program, there is nothing that can be done...
    yeah and thats unfortinant but its all good as long as we get our apps!

and i can change mine to the bkb browser, or the media one from att, other then that it wont give me the option but the media net one is really just the same as the bkb browser just with a diff. homepage! RIP!
    11-14-08 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD