So I'm laying here in my bedroom where I usually get 1XEV always and starting around Monday I've only been getting 1X... Nothing has changed around here (Lives in a couldisac) no new houses nothing. I have done multiple pulls and nothing has changed... I don't really get why and I'm starting to lose 1XEV throughout the house meaning I have to got outside/in to town if I want to do anything with my phone (OTA themes, set up email, etc etc etc). What is the cause of this? Am I SOL? Should I call verizon and see whats up?

Thanks guys.
    05-31-09 04:54 AM
    When you say battery pulls, the power is on when you are pulling the battery? Also, leave the battery out for at least 30 secs. before reinserting it.

Try calling *228, select option 2 and let the PRL update (Preferred Roaming List). This updates the phone to use the cell towers around you more effectively.

The the above doesn't work, call Verizon.
    05-31-09 01:41 PM
    ive noticed recently my EV connection has been going out to when im inside my house. while it says im in 1X i still seem to be able to browse the web on my phone and use my bbm its just slower so i dont know what the deal is but ill try the 228 update also
    05-31-09 09:10 PM
    *228 for all carriers?
    05-31-09 09:15 PM
    As I write this mine has also dropped to 1X. I have an open ticket with VZW network will wait to see what happens. Was really bad and I did manual programing yesterday and resent serivce books from the device and the BIS. This seemed to have help, not doing it as much now.

Also I will bet that if you look in status and look at signal strength, it will -90 or higher.
    05-31-09 09:18 PM
    No, doesn't work for Sprint.

Works on Verizon, Alltel, and I believe Telus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 09:19 PM
    i wonder if verizon is doing some type of updates or something but ive been noticing it for a couple weeks and i first noticed it when i was out of town and where i was at had a verizon rep so i asked him and he said he had no idea
    05-31-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD