Hi,

I have a curve 8320 unlocked. I don't have a data plan, but i use wi-fi and EDGE to surf the net. But i am often having problems when some connection (like downloading apps) requires access to the default browser (i use opera mostly) as i often get "This is a wi-fi service erro...". Although i restart the device through a battery pull , i still get the same error.This happens even when i have the Wi-fi on but don't have wi-fi coverage. This does not happen always, but it does sometimes. I have tried many things like changing the browser from Planet to Hotspot, but the same problem starts reoccurring. I have also done a device wipe.
    Thats why , for some reason (!), i thought maybe deleting the service books will solve this issue. I have these service books listed:
    - WAP Browser (BrowserConfig)
    - MMS Config (WAP)
    - WAP2 Transport (WPTCP)
    - Wap Push Config (WAPPushConfig)
    - Wi-FI TCP/IP Browser (browser config)
    - Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport (WPTCP)

Which one of these is safe to delete? Which one of these can i delete but still be able to use Wi-Fi, GPRS/EDGE, GSM and MMS?
    Also i have a different Wi-fi provider and a different GSM/EDGE,GSM,MMS provider (if that helps).
    Another thing; i got this phone shipped from UK and every time i start the phone i get the Orange logo, anyway to delete that?

Thanks to anyone who can help
    Last edited by tjera; 12-06-09 at 07:38 AM.
    12-06-09 07:28 AM
    I would not delete any of them. Your device is limited without a data plan and I believe will not connect to certain sites. You also lose a lot of carrier supplied features to your phone. Not sure which carrier you are using for phone service but most won't activate the phone without a data plan. Maybe someone will jump in and have more detail info for you.
    12-06-09 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD