Just an observation:

I have seen a lot of advice to resend service books given. In most cases this does resolve a lot of issues. But if the service book is corrupted really bad, you can always delete them.

Then do the register now to re-send a fresh one. I have deleted all service books and had them resent and got a device working again. Although you do not always go this extreme, only delete the service in question

Best of all, this step can reduce the need for a security wipe. AKA no data loss.

just a thought
    07-12-08 10:34 PM
    Just my .02 you didn't have to post this in ever sub forum..... Could have be a advisory in blackberry discussion...... Double posting is kinda frowned upon and wasted space.....

also I have never ran into a corrupt service book. only service books that were not automatically sent over and had to be forcefully push.....
    07-12-08 10:40 PM
    Sorry was in a wrong window when I posted in the other forum, wish we had the ability to delete a post we started. Sorry. I have resolved several issues by doing this as have RIM reps.
    07-12-08 10:43 PM
    Sorry was in a wrong window when I posted in the other forum, wish we had the ability to delete a post we started. Sorry. I have resolved several issues by doing this as have RIM reps.
    You can easily delete your own post. Just click the edit button, then the delete button. I do it if I completely duplicate somebody else's post, for example.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 10:47 PM
    You can easily delete your own post. Just click the edit button, then the delete button. I do it if I completely duplicate somebody else's post, for example.
    ...and here I was thinking I was the only one who did that
    07-12-08 10:50 PM
    Thank you for the update on that. Can it be done after other have posted? Will this the entore thread if I statred it?
    07-12-08 10:53 PM
    ...and here I was thinking I was the only one who did that
    I consider it a matter of "Post Integrity." If you and I both answer a question, and yours makes it into the thread first, and there's no additional information in mine, I'll delete mine. Otherwise, I'm just wasting space and inflating my post count without adding value.

07-12-08 10:56 PM
    Thank you for the update on that. Can it be done after other have posted? Will this the entore thread if I statred it?
    Yes, you can delete after someone else has posted. No, it won't delete the whole thread. But once somebody's replied and quoted you, you're stuck with it. You can't delete their quote...

07-12-08 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD