Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding service books. I've gone into mine and deleted a few that are in there that I dont use (Facebook, Yahoo, Google) Anyway in the past I have deleted them and they never came back after a reset or battery pull unless i resent them manually. Yesterday they came back on their own. So I deleted them again and power cycled my device. Once it rebooted they came back again. I called Tech support and he told me that service books are sent automatically after every reset. I told him that this has never happened in the past and he said that maybe my device was never working properly but that is what its supposed to do.

Is this true? Are service books automatically resent everytime I reboot? If so why would it just start doing it now after a year and a half?

Any help or info is appreciated
    Thanks
    06-23-08 12:16 PM
    Does anyone have info on this?
    06-23-08 01:41 PM
    Wouldn't it just be easier to hide the icons?
    06-23-08 01:54 PM
    Umm, I am not sure...I had a service book issue with a gentleman the other day, and we rebooted his device a million times, and NONE came back...until we manually resent them...I think he was trying to get you off the phone
    06-23-08 01:55 PM
    Wouldn't it just be easier to hide the icons?
    It is and I have done that now that they keep coming back. However what I did want to know was if it is normal for the service books to be sent after every reboot as I mentioned it never did it before.
    06-23-08 01:57 PM
    Umm, I am not sure...I had a service book issue with a gentleman the other day, and we rebooted his device a million times, and NONE came back...until we manually resent them...I think he was trying to get you off the phone
    Thats what I thought cause I've had issues with service books in the past and reboots never did it so I would log into BIS and resend them manually. As for trying to get me off the phone I would normally say most likely but this guy wouldnt stop talking. I was the one trying to get him off the phone I actually had to say " OK thanks but I have to go now" in order to hang up so I dont think it was that.
    06-23-08 02:02 PM
    The Service Books are not sent after a reboot.

They have to be sent from the carriers BIS website from a pc or the handheld or from a carrier csr.

Service Books
    06-23-08 02:03 PM
    The Service Books are not sent after a reboot.

They have to be sent from the carriers BIS website from a pc or the handheld or from a carrier csr.

Service Books
    Hi Tyroni,

Thanks for confirming what I believed to be true. Like I mentioned it never did this before and I hate change. So is it safe to say there is something wrong with the device if it does this automatically everytime I reboot?
    06-23-08 02:07 PM
    Have you tried removing the apps via DM software? That would seem the way to ensure the servicebooks don't regen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 02:19 PM
    They are not in my app loader nor are they in my applications on the device. The only place I ever see them where I could remove them was in my service books.
    06-23-08 02:22 PM
    I think they do come on their own, unless only some are set to update automatically.

We have / had data issues with another plan, and today hers updated automatically, getting all the new activation / congrats notices, but mine did not... only after i sent the service books manually, then i got those messages, and the build up of waiting mail.

And i've been messing with mine all day hoping it would start working... hers would just be sitting on her desk doing nothing.
    06-23-08 02:25 PM
    Like I said my device has NEVER done this so I'm pretty sure they are not supposed to automatically come. Also based on the link tyroni sent me all 3 methods state they need to be manually sent. I guess I'll just call tech support again and try and get a different answer from another tech and put them on the spot and get a replacement sent out.
    06-23-08 02:30 PM
    I'm with Alltel and mine have been doing that too, every time i power cycle they come right back,i was hoping you guys had figured it out
    08-29-08 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD