Heeyz every 1

i have searched crackberry forum for almost 3 hours to find a solution for my problem, not to count how long i searched on google and yahoo.

my problem:

I have a BB curve 8310. i used to have the internet service activated on it. it was working perfectly with my old phone carrier (DU). i am now using the same device on another carrier (OPTUS).

after setting my e-mail address (the same address i used to have) with optus, am getting the following:

1. every time i send an e-mail i get it back. ( as if i sent it to my self) + the person i send it to.
    2. any e-mail sent to me is recieved twice on my handheld.
    3. when adding a new contact in BB massenger, i get a msg adding my e-mail account to my BB massenger

its as if i have 2 account on my handheld with the same e-mail address

the solutions i tried:
    1. wiping all the device.
    after the wipe i tried to send my self an e-mail. i get it once but cant send any e-mails just saving into drafts i get this message (no message service configured. you will only be able to save drafts).

with a freshly wipped handheld, i tried sending an e-mail to my address. my BB recieved it, although i didnt setup up any accounts or anything.

2. Deleted all the BB applications & 3rd party applications manually:

still having the same problem with the e-mail. and the icons of the applications are still there, a link to download the application again.

P.S after wiping the handheld, the application icons were still available as manually deleting them

3. Tried changing the service book services by editing or deleting them.

could not edit it.
    i deleted the whole list of the service book. but after going back (closing service book) all the services came back as if i didnt delete them

4. tried to change BB PIN. but couldn's as its tied to the device.

5. I updated the OS of the device with no backup file.

i would like to request an urgent help with this matter.

yr help would be really highly appreciated.

i will be happy to give u more information if needed ...

Cheerz
    04-28-09 12:54 AM
    Heeyz every 1

i have searched crackberry forum for almost 3 hours to find a solution for my problem, not to count how long i searched on google and yahoo.

my problem:

I have a BB curve 8310. i used to have the internet service activated on it. it was working perfectly with my old phone carrier (DU). i am now using the same device on another carrier (OPTUS).

after setting my e-mail address (the same address i used to have) with optus, am getting the following:

1. every time i send an e-mail i get it back. ( as if i sent it to my self) + the person i send it to.
    2. any e-mail sent to me is recieved twice on my handheld.
    3. when adding a new contact in BB massenger, i get a msg adding my e-mail account to my BB massenger

its as if i have 2 account on my handheld with the same e-mail address
    This is a shot in the dark, but by any chance do you also have an email@blackberry.(provider).net address?

What you described happened to me several months ago. When I set up my BB email address, I rec'd the same mail 2x's.
    04-28-09 01:01 AM
    This is a shot in the dark, but by any chance do you also have an email"at"blackberry.(provider).netaddress?

What you described happened to me several months ago. When I set up my BB email address, I rec'd the same mail 2x's.

yea i did setup an blackberry(provider OPTUS) e-mail ... but it was another account not related to my original address ( the address i got any e-mail twice)

how did u fix it ??
    Last edited by ReD B; 04-28-09 at 08:42 AM.
    04-28-09 08:36 AM
    yea i did setup an blackberry(provider OPTUS) e-mail ... but it was another account not related to my original address ( the address i got any e-mail twice)

how did u fix it ??
    On my BB, I kept the @bb.net email address and removed the one (comcast.net) that was rec'g the identical mail.
    04-28-09 08:53 AM
    On my BB, I kept the @bb.net email address and removed the one (comcast.net) that was rec'g the identical mail.

This is what am having now ( @optus.blackberry) on my settings only...

am getting e-mails from the other account. (without setting anything on my handheld). but cant send or forward any mail through this mail

+

getting mails from @optus.blackberry

is there any way to remove the old mail settings ??
    04-29-09 02:05 AM
    This is what am having now ( @optus.blackberry) on my settings only...

am getting e-mails from the other account. (without setting anything on my handheld). but cant send or forward any mail through this mail

+

getting mails from @optus.blackberry

is there any way to remove the old mail settings ??
    I'm going off memory here so forgive me if I don't get it right the 1st time- log into your BIS account. Go to the email address of the other account and forward all mail to the blackberry address.

There should be a check box that says either "leave mail" or "local mail" - well, make sure that box is checked. This way you'll stil recieve the email on your PC and the blackberry.net on your phone.

Hope that makes sense.
    04-29-09 02:41 AM
    I'm going off memory here so forgive me if I don't get it right the 1st time- log into your BIS account. Go to the email address of the other account and forward all mail to the blackberry address.

There should be a check box that says either "leave mail" or "local mail" - well, make sure that box is checked. This way you'll stil recieve the email on your PC and the blackberry.net on your phone.

Hope that makes sense.

this is a good idea ... i will try it

but is there any way to do it the normal way ?? ... not forwarding and all this $%^&
    04-29-09 07:46 AM
    any help ?? ...

Thinking: WTF is wrong with my BB.
    Last edited by ReD B; 04-30-09 at 02:31 AM.
    04-30-09 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD