Hi all,

I fear my Curve has a serious problem. It is less than two months old. A week ago, the headphone jack failed. A few days after that, it started giving me error messages saying something like "the radio is turned off," but when I went through the procedures on the screen, the phone still would not work.

Now it will not turn on at all (yes, it is fully charged). If I remove and replace the battery, it will turn on, but none of the keys will work, and it shuts itself off after a minute or so. I can move to the different icons using the tracball, but nothing happens when I click any of the icons. The device WILL synch up with my computer, so at least I was able to backup my contacts.

I did not drop it or get it wet. Any suggestions?
    08-30-09 01:53 PM
    still under warrenty return it for a new one. If not remove os and reinstall.... but it sounds like hardware issues to me..
    08-30-09 02:12 PM
    If you get it to work long enough you may also try going to Options - Status and typing TEST. This will open a test program that will let you test most of the hardware. You can also hold down the ALT key and type LGLG while on the home screen to see the logs for the OS. That may give you some insight into whta's going on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 02:35 PM
    I had an issue similar with a BB Curve (I still have one BTW) about 8 months ago and after working with tech support (I have Sprint) they sent a new one to replace it in about 2 days time. It ended up being a hardware issue coupled with constant restarting and bb-style "blue screen of death". Contact your service provider and they should be able to diagnose and get it replaced ... hopefully you have insurance and the replacement should be free. Hope this helps.
    08-30-09 03:10 PM
    I don't get the 'radio' message, occasionally when I plug my FM modulator in (so I can use my Slacker in my truck)the 'voice dialing' app initializes, and sometimes won't stop. I shut it off, then it re-initializes until I do a battery pull.('quickpull' and/or -alt, rt shift, del- won't even clear it) battery pull is the only thing that will make the stupid thing shut up.
    09-19-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD