Sorry about the duplicate post.

I have auto off enabled. Turn off 11amn turn on 7am. About 1030 last night I had 85% charge, this morning 7:15am im at a suprisingly 35%!!. How can a phone use battery power if its off!!

Its Now 7:46am and im at 20%!!!! I didnt use my bb, no emails, no calls nothing!! for the morning. I just turned it on and did nothing. Whats going on here!!!

did a batterypull now its saying 5%!!!!
    Last edited by doubleup4life; 09-09-08 at 07:43 AM.
    09-09-08 07:35 AM
    Sounds more like a bad battery. Warranty? Take it back.
    09-09-08 07:57 AM
    ITS a new battery, It been only a month. i have a spare and it does the same thing on that 1 too
    09-09-08 09:48 AM
    Are you closing all applications when you're finished with them? Menu key, scroll down to Close. Also look here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f107/ho...-s-life-61950/

Five Tips: Get More Battery Life from Your RIM BlackBerry - CIO.com - Business Technology Leadership
    09-09-08 09:53 AM
    I had a similar problem with my 8800 and the tech had me reload the OS deleting the original. It worked for that.
    09-09-08 09:57 AM
    is pushing the red phone button to close an app the same as going to menu:close in regards to preserving battery power?
    09-09-08 10:41 AM
    Yes I have a nasty habit of pressing menu and close.
    Right now my battery charge says 0% for almost a whole hour.!! I'm browsing, checking mail, receiving calls all on 0%!!! This is getting real weird man!b

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 10:42 AM
    is pushing the red phone button to close an app the same as going to menu:close in regards to preserving battery power?
    No. The proper way to close an application (and thereby save some battery power) is by pressing the menu button and clicking Close.
    09-09-08 05:05 PM
    Yes I have a nasty habit of pressing menu and close.
    Right now my battery charge says 0% for almost a whole hour.!! I'm browsing, checking mail, receiving calls all on 0%!!! This is getting real weird man!b

0%??? What's going on?
    09-09-08 05:06 PM
    Put the device through 3 complete charge/discharge cycles. This involves running the device until it shuts off on its own due to low battery.

09-09-08 05:24 PM
    Put the device through 3 complete charge/discharge cycles. This involves running the device until it shuts off on its own due to low battery.

This is not necessary. That's for the old NiCd batteries! BBs use LiIon batteries.

Read the links below.

Nickel-cadmium battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Truth About NiCd Batteries | Hardware Secrets

Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How to prolong lithium-based batteries
    09-09-08 05:33 PM
    Thank you for the info; I'm very well versed in the charging methods/care of the different types of batteries. This is not to reduce the "Memory Effect" but rather to get the battery's true capacity to sync up with the device.

Even the literature on charging li-ion cells indicates that a complete discharge once in a while is a good idea.
    09-09-08 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD