I'm on 4.5.081... for the first few weeks, everything was fine. But for the past week, my free mem just drops down to maybe 4 mb within a day of using. I hardly have any apps installed... removed everything to free memory.... any clues?
    11-01-08 11:35 AM
    Nope I got the same problem!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 11:36 AM
    you can delete the event log by holding down the alt key and typing lg lg also clear your call log and your bowser cache.
    11-01-08 11:42 AM
    What applications DO you have installed?

11-01-08 11:42 AM
    If you use facebook, get rid of it.
    11-01-08 11:44 AM
    ^Rachel, I have facebook and I do not have any issues with it. No memory leaks on my phone running 4.5.0.93.

Viigo can be a memory hogger. I know some people have good luck with it, and others it just causes major memory problems.
    11-01-08 11:57 AM
    Try to manage ur 3rd apps. Put only what u need it and erase the rest . In mine I'm only install facebook and all Messenger application.
    I've got a free memory arround 18mb

11-01-08 12:18 PM
    I wasn't that extreme, but I also had a memory leak with the East Asia .81. It got better with .93, but I still needed to do memory maintenance daily. By maintenance I mean I would clear my browser cache, event log and do a reset every morning. I'm running the official TMo .81 and watched it for a while and noticed that with this version my file free memory fluctuates between 13 and 20 mb, so I do not need to do maintenance now.

11-01-08 12:24 PM
    well currently i have only the following
    Docs2Go premium
    google talk (not signed in always)
    windows live messenger
    viigo

btw, that alt+lg lg opens a huge event log, safe to delete? looks important
    11-01-08 12:55 PM
    You can delete it, Ive acutally toggled all mine to off so it never logs,
    11-01-08 01:03 PM
    how do i do that? also, when i select all my logs and try deleting, it hangs and restarts with a bbexeption
    11-01-08 01:07 PM
    The BlackBerry makes pretty good use of it's memory, but like exelant, I have a very stable device when it has about 10 Mb of working space.

The device setting for your media card can make a big difference. Check to make sure 0 Memory is being reserved for media and set the Reserved limit to 5 Mb if that is available.

From there, we have much more powerful tools to insure you have plenty of memory to run properly.

Want to know how big everythink is? Options / Status / DataBase Sizes.

Last edited by Reed McLay; 11-01-08 at 03:20 PM.
    11-01-08 03:11 PM
    4Mb? Now that is an issue. 10 -11 Mb at the worse for me. I would definitely review the type of apps on your berry.
    11-01-08 03:40 PM
    face book will use about 2mb of memory so if you don't use it delete it.
    11-01-08 05:50 PM
    How does everyone keep having such low memory? Mine's always around 40 and I've got Viigo, Yahoo, AIM, Google Maps, Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV, and Opera Mini on here.

Its usually 45 after a hard reset. *scratches head*
    11-01-08 05:55 PM
    How does everyone keep having such low memory? Mine's always around 40 and I've got Viigo, Yahoo, AIM, Google Maps, Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV, and Opera Mini on here.

Logs can take up alot. Also, many apps are larger than others. I realized my VZNav was HUGE so I deleted it and only use google maps now, much smaller. Plus, some app have memory leaks which can be misleading as to how much memory you actually have.
    11-01-08 05:57 PM
    Craziness. I did notice that my friend Nicki has only 20MB free and she has VZ Navigator... Maybe that explains why her's was so much lower than mine since she doesn't do anything near with hers what I do with mine.
    11-01-08 05:59 PM
    you can delete the event log by holding down the alt key and typing lg lg also clear your call log and your bowser cache.
    What exactly is the 'event log' and what does it do. I did the alt lglg just to see what it shows, and there were tons of files listed!

I am not having any problems with my phone or memory, so I am wondering....is it a good thing to clear once in awhile just for good maintainence?
    11-01-08 06:04 PM
    It's ridiculous, I think 10, maybe more.
    11-01-08 06:05 PM
    What exactly is the 'event log' and what does it do. I did the alt lglg just to see what it shows, and there were tons of files listed!

I am not having any problems with my phone or memory, so I am wondering....is it a good thing to clear once in awhile just for good maintainence?
    It just logs every action your berry makes throughout the day. It's completely unnecessary for you to keep, you can delete the log without ill effects.
    11-01-08 06:06 PM

Your 8330 started with 50% more memory then the Pearl and Curves that preceded it. We have 64 Mb, you have 96 Mb.

Making the best use of memory is critical to getting the best service out of them.

I am aware of the event log, I have deleted with no ill effects in the past. It never does get very large, a few Kb is all I have ever observed.

11-01-08 06:35 PM
    can you stop the events log from uh logging?
    11-01-08 06:37 PM
    can you stop the events log from uh logging?
    Yes go into the event log and hit menu > hide all.
    11-01-08 06:44 PM
    Your 8330 started with 50% more memory then the Pearl and Curves that preceded it. We have 64 Mb, you have 96 Mb.
    Okay that explains it. I didn't realize this. Thanks.
    11-01-08 07:14 PM
    Hide all doesn't stop them it just hides them I don't think there is a way to stop it ill check and see If the memory cleaner utility does

11-01-08 07:21 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD