So I've had my pretty red 8310 for about 5-6 months. But for some reason now it just goes stupid. I'll recieve new messages, or need to click on something and open it, but it'll automatically take me to my call menu and have the letter "U" in the input bar.

And I will not have touched ANY of these keys. And It doesn't matter what I press. I recently [as in three days ago] installed a new OS after it died. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I really don't want to have to get a new phone.

Suggestions?
    please?
    10-15-08 12:01 AM
    The sequence of events is not clear from your post. Did this aberrant keyboard behavior begin after you installed the OS upgrade? Or did you install the OS upgrade to try to solve the keyboard problem? If the former, the solution is simple: roll back to your last good OS configuration and see if that solves the problem. If the latter, and the OS upgrade did not solve the problem, you probably have a hardware problem. I don't recommend trying a new OS as a problem-solving technique, because installing new OS can lead to its own problems.
    10-15-08 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD