Hey Guys,

I have never seen this happen before on my Curve...

I sent an SMS just now to my sister (she is on AT&T) and once it sent, it put a check mark with a 'D' above it. I have never seen this happen before, out of the thousands of SMS messages I've sent. I thought it was like a delivery confirmation type deal, but it has only done it once -- out of several I've sent to her today and previously.

I know this probably has no baring, but just in case someone was curious... I have email confirmation off. She has a Pearl.

Any ideas?

-Grand
    09-25-08 01:49 PM
    Well, it is a delivery confirmation. Did you check to make sure it didn't get turned on in SMS somehow? I have it turned on with my phone, and I find it very useful. Though, I am sure some people find it annoying.
    09-25-08 01:51 PM
    Ahhh, do people have to accept it and say they received it? Maybe that was the first time someone actually acknowledged the delivery, if that is the case. That would make sense because I would probably just respond to an SMS and not send an acknowledgment reply.
    09-25-08 03:21 PM
    Well, it is a delivery confirmation. Did you check to make sure it didn't get turned on in SMS somehow? I have it turned on with my phone, and I find it very useful. Though, I am sure some people find it annoying.
    I've been trying to figure this out too. I figured it meant delivery confirmation but it only happens to some of my sent SMS not all of them? How do I turn it off and on?
    09-25-08 03:44 PM
    I read somewhere that it is delivery confirmation. But it only shows the d when it is sent within your own network (i.e. verizon to verizon).
    01-02-09 09:50 PM
    I don't know about AT&T - on Verizon, a text message to another Verizon device shows a checkmark when it is successfully delivered from the originating device to the Verizon network, then adds a D when it is delivered to the recipient handset. If this new, is it possible AT&T has just implented a similar program?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 10:33 PM
    Yup, I only get the "D" when I SMS another Verizon customer. I assume if I PIN'd someone on any network, I'd also get the "D", but I don't know since I've never PIN messaged anyone.
    01-03-09 12:04 AM
    Yup, I only get the "D" when I SMS another Verizon customer. I assume if I PIN'd someone on any network, I'd also get the "D", but I don't know since I've never PIN messaged anyone.
    On Verizon-to-Verizon, outgoing PIN message headers turn red and carry the checkmark and D like SMS messages. I expect but don't know for a fact that this is not carrier-dependent since it's bb-bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbeachy; 01-03-09 at 01:25 AM.
    01-03-09 01:23 AM
    On AT&T I get those notifications with everything except SMS. Unless I'm missing an option, it sounds like it might be carrier dependent.
    01-03-09 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD