I couldve sworn I saw a thread here about this before, but I searched and couldnt find anything..

I thought there was an app that allowed you to send texts thru your data plan, opposed to charging you for sending a text, if anyone knows of the program it would be greatly appreciated, I'm gonna drop my txt plan and it would be nice to not have to pay for each text i send...

thanks
    04-12-08 11:17 AM
    Yeah let me know if you find out Private Message me or something... I'm with you... on somewhat of another note I bought BeeJive for my IM and that uses data and not text.
    04-12-08 11:25 AM
    ^^ will do, also does t mobile use txt to send IM's too? I know ATT does, but if t mobile does then I'm gonna have to check out beejive or another one of those programs..
    04-12-08 11:43 AM
    Jivetalk..
    04-12-08 01:44 PM
    Get a free trial of BeeJive here.. but it's def worth the money.
    04-12-08 02:04 PM
    whats better jivetalk or beejive?
    04-12-08 02:13 PM
    whats better jivetalk or beejive?
    I'm pretty sure it's the same thing - BeeJive is the company, JiveTalk is the program.
    04-12-08 02:17 PM
    oic. thanks!
    04-12-08 02:18 PM
    I believe IM+ may have an app that allows you to do so. There is a charge though, so it's useless. I believe it's mostly for international text messages.

I could be wrong.
    04-12-08 02:19 PM
    Yes Mzsheyx2 is right... Sorry BeeJive is the company and Jivetalk is the program etc..
    04-13-08 12:12 AM
    Just to clarify a little bit. It isn't that IMing is only doable using SMS on At&t, it's that At&t disables the native IM clients on their BlackBerrys and other smartphones to force you into using OZ IM. Reason being, they partnered with OZ IM because OZ IM uses SMS protocol to actually send and receive messages, so it is a way for At&t to force people into text messaging packages.

The truth is that you can get IM+ or JiveTalk and IM over data like normal.

As for the OP's question, I have no idea.
    04-13-08 12:29 AM
    There is a wiki for sms / email gateways:

SMS gateway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    04-13-08 02:04 AM
    Just a reminder, though. If you are dropping YOUR text plan, then you need to remind your SMS buddies to use the appropriate gateway. You can send email to them no problem, but when they reply back, you will be charged for that incoming SMS.
    04-13-08 02:05 AM
    Just a reminder, though. If you are dropping YOUR text plan, then you need to remind your SMS buddies to use the appropriate gateway. You can send email to them no problem, but when they reply back, you will be charged for that incoming SMS.
    even if they reply to my email?
    04-15-08 09:43 AM
    if they reply to your email, then no, I use this all the time w/ friends...
    even if they reply to my email?
    04-15-08 10:01 AM
    it would be great to just use email and jivetalk but their are still people in this world that are up on the smartphone world yet, so sad........
    04-15-08 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD