Thats because your other phones held the text till the voice call was over....CDMA CANNOT do voice and data simultaneously

Again.....this has NOTHING to do with BLACKBERRY..CDMA doesnt support this PERIOD....I can bring in a few experts 11,000 plus posts and post a few articles to prove it if you like...its all smoke and mirrors...your device is sending the data after call is ended?

again.....and finally...not possible

Who lied to you, i have always did it. I always whole text conversations while on the phone back to back texting while receiving replies. check your facts before saying anything
    09-24-09 03:51 PM
    Enough of the insults. Debate the products not the people.

If anyone wants to fight, don't do it in public.
    09-24-09 04:31 PM
    ok so branta am I wrong?....lol

PS. perfect example of how everyone can still learn!!!!
    09-24-09 04:34 PM
    Guys as my previous post said carriers differ and so does the local networks. Sprint people are saying yes and tmobile are saying no. Probably both are right for their carriers.

I can not receive calls if I am surfing at home (goes to voice mail) but in Las Vegas sprint has calls will come to you when surfing..who knows why but stuff happens...
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 09-25-09 at 12:32 PM.
    09-24-09 05:25 PM
    this sucks lol. i hate to stop all my sms convos when someone wanna call and converse for a while lol
    09-24-09 05:28 PM
    larrygump, you are incorrect about this subject.

I'm on Alltel/Verizon which last time I checked is still a CDMA network.

I can send and receive SMS all day long while on a phone call on my 8330.

The issue that the OP is experiencing is a SPRINT NETWORK issue as the network relates to BlackBerry devices.
    09-24-09 05:33 PM
    I could have a whole sending and receiving conversation with my Dare while on a phone call. Sorry its possible. My Curve on the other hand will not send txt while on a phone call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 05:44 PM
    larrygump, you are incorrect about this subject.

I'm on Alltel/Verizon which last time I checked is still a CDMA network.

I can send and receive SMS all day long while on a phone call on my 8330.

The issue that the OP is experiencing is a SPRINT NETWORK issue as the network relates to BlackBerry devices.
    She's absolutely correct here, I too am on alltel and can send and receive texts while on a phone call at will.

09-24-09 05:44 PM
    ok then i apologize and eat a giant crow.......sorry fellow CB'ers

I was of the understanding that one of CDMA's problems was that it couldnt do sms/mms/data while on a call
    09-24-09 05:53 PM
    I think it just might be the curves with sprint. I've had 2 others phones and I never had a problem with it.

09-24-09 06:13 PM
    ok then i apologize and eat a giant crow.......sorry fellow CB'ers

I was of the understanding that one of CDMA's problems was that it couldnt do sms/mms/data while on a call
    Its ok, this noob isn't that much of a noob when it comes to this stuff. I am just new to these forums because of my recent (forced) switch to a BB Curve. However, you are correct on two of those three things. Data cannot be transmitted while on a voice call. So MMS/BBM/Web won't work at all. Even when a text message comes through the data session has to pause momentarily while the sms is received, this can be noticed when tethering the easiest, because of the sudden perceived loss of connection.
    09-24-09 07:15 PM
    yeah my sms seems to go threw when im on the phone.
    09-24-09 07:36 PM
    honestly sprint has the whole sprint nextel thing.....so Im not real versed on the CDMA/iDEN thing.......however its WELL published that one of the only DRAWBACKS that CDMA has is its inability to transfer data and voice simultaneously......hopefully one of the 3-11000 poster will chime in here and toss in there opinion.......unless somehow text is lobbed in with voice.....but EVERYTHING I've been told is that SMS/MMS/DATA is disabled during voice calls....I have BOTH GSM and CDMA.....my CDMA....doesnt do text and voice same time....and Im pretty sure even if GOD himself said it wasnt so SOME people are gonna fight it till the end...oh well
    Hey gang - my friend Larry is partially or even mostly correct here. It depends on the situation.

SMS is voice channel
    MMS is data channel

These things we know.

But the difference does cause some confusion with some folks until you remind them or explain.

While you can send/receive SMS during a call, in most cases, it doesn't work in all. Individual phones and, in some cases, local switches make it impossible.

MMS cannot be sent/received during a call, but again, some phones will accept a send, placing it in a queue until it can be sent.

No restrictions on GSM, LTE or EVDV - but we're not discussing those. EVDO (Data Only) will not send/receive data-type messaging, like MMS, BBM, etc.

For those on VZW, Sprint, USCell, or any other CDMA carrier, who text during a call - try sending a picture or chat in BBM. Then understand that not all people can even do SMS during a call.

And it doesn't matter that you can do it on a Curve or an Omnia or whatever - someone else with the same model as you, might have a different result.

So cut Larry some slack, will ya?
    09-24-09 08:10 PM
    i used to be able to text and call at the same time. but now i can't so yeah it is a hit or miss. using sprint
    09-24-09 10:36 PM
    i used to be able to text and call at the same time. but now i can't so yeah it is a hit or miss. using sprint
    It is very hit or miss.

What would be a better discussion would be why we get charged for MMS on a BlackBerry.

09-25-09 01:48 PM
    I wonder is its a bb thing because when I had my windows mobile phones they worked together perfectly

09-25-09 04:03 PM
    that again would be a question for the techno king twins....lol
    09-25-09 07:00 PM
    Thats because your other phones held the text till the voice call was over....CDMA CANNOT do voice and data simultaneously

Again.....this has NOTHING to do with BLACKBERRY..CDMA doesnt support this PERIOD....I can bring in a few experts 11,000 plus posts and post a few articles to prove it if you like...its all smoke and mirrors...your device is sending the data after call is ended?

again.....and finally...not possible
    1st Quote: Yes it can because it has done it for me several times I have been on speaker phone and texting and getting texts back and conversation was going flawlessly. Since none of my friends have any sort of ESP they were getting my texts while I was on the phone with someone else.

2nd Quote: Again wrong because I do it all the time. I did it both on USCC and now Verizon who are both CDMA networks, so it is very much doable.

3rd Qoute: Wrong
    09-26-09 02:37 PM
    I'm almost always texting while on the phone. My gf hates when I do that because she can hear the buttons click and the ball roll!

Then I realize I'm on AT&T and so that's not a problem for me, nor is it hit and miss. If I can be on a call, I can send a text, no matter what.
    09-26-09 03:35 PM
    1st Quote: Yes it can because it has done it for me several times I have been on speaker phone and texting and getting texts back and conversation was going flawlessly. Since none of my friends have any sort of ESP they were getting my texts while I was on the phone with someone else.

2nd Quote: Again wrong because I do it all the time. I did it both on USCC and now Verizon who are both CDMA networks, so it is very much doable.

3rd Qoute: Wrong
    Did you read any of the rest of the thread? Seriously. It's already been discussed that this is a Sprint Network issue. larry already fell on his sword.
    09-26-09 04:03 PM
    Yeah but we like to twist the sword… Sorry could not resist.
    09-26-09 04:09 PM
    Did you read any of the rest of the thread? Seriously. It's already been discussed that this is a Sprint Network issue. larry already fell on his sword.
    why not use my bust as a cheap post # builder
    09-26-09 10:07 PM
    I have T-Mobile and I can send SMS, as well as receive it, while talking on the phone. I often do, in fact. I usually talk on a headset or bluetooth n still text to other contacts. Like others have said, MMS does not work this way.

09-27-09 02:12 AM
    Hmm its hit and miss with sprint blackberrys. Does sms get sent through bis on sprint models?

09-27-09 11:14 AM
    I was able to text and talk simulataneously on my pearl through USCC which is CDMA and on my curve (same carrier). So I'm guessing its a sprint issue as well. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by kentcy; 09-28-09 at 12:27 AM.
    09-28-09 12:16 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD