after i send a text it stays stuck on the screen with the send menu sticking up for at least 30 seconds! it won't let me do anything else until that text has been sent out. anyone know what to do? please help!!
    01-29-09 05:24 PM
    Hi

What is your free memory? Options>status

Guessing its low. Alot of apps? Facebook? Viigo? I Could be off base but if the memory is low this will occur at least with mine. To remedy it I always make sure my free memory is a decent level (above 15xxx....) and I close out applications properly. IF it is low i fact a reboot will solve it. Remove the battery and replace or alt - rtshift - del.
    01-29-09 05:27 PM
    You know, I had the same issue for a while when I was running 4.3.0.127, but ever since I updated to 4.5 it's been running fine. Maybe 4.5 has better memory management?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 05:38 PM
    it says i have 22103672 free memory. i have a bad habit of not deleting my texts, so i'll try that. how do i upgrade to 4.5? sorry, i'm still kinda new at this!
    01-29-09 06:16 PM
    Well if you are too low on memory it will start to delete them for you

22 is sufficient I wouldnt worry until I was near 15 or so. As for the OS update you can search the site I cant help you there I have not done it myself. Nothing is broke for me to fix but I wish you luck. I am not sure what is causing this issue for you. I would try a battery pull if you have not already. You should see an improvement of the free memory then. Then test the texting and holler back..or try to pull up the sms to or from the contact, options, clear history
    01-29-09 06:35 PM
    What kind of phone do you have? I'm on the WAP forums so I can't look.

01-29-09 06:36 PM
    it says i have 22103672 free memory. i have a bad habit of not deleting my texts, so i'll try that. how do i upgrade to 4.5? sorry, i'm still kinda new at this!
    If I were you, I would not do an upgrade yet. Well, not until I am a bit more comfortable with the device. At any rate, I would try a batt pull and deleting any troublesome apps you may have. Do you have Facebook on your BB?
    01-29-09 06:39 PM
    hey you have to download the desktop manager from which is like 4.6 or something of that nature then run that then download the o.s. from whatever source.

theres threads on it around in this same section read them first. then back up your blackberry.

Howdy, I'm fort lee, i'm assuming its not far from where i'm at.
    WELCOME anymore questions feel free to ask.
    01-29-09 06:39 PM
    Aero, it is an 8330 Curve. That is what the OP is using.
    01-29-09 06:40 PM
    I know exactly the issue you're talking about. A battery pull might help, but only for like 10 or 15 minutes. I was running close to 35MB free when this was happening.

Anyway, I'll post a link for you here in a second if you want to do the OS upgrade. It's not as scary as it sounds, and you can feel free to PM me if you have any problems.

01-29-09 06:45 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/spr...nguage-146679/

01-29-09 06:46 PM
    This thread has a lot of information on upgrading:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-106355/

01-29-09 06:48 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

01-29-09 06:52 PM
    I was having the same problem and someone told me to change the Key Rate to fast. I dunno if it really helped but you can try it too. It's under Options > Screen/Keyboard > Key Rate.
    01-29-09 07:00 PM
    i do have facebook on my phone (and i love it). do ppl generally have trouble with it? i have a few games i can do without as well. i will try to delete some of them. if that doesn't work i will attempt the upgrade even though it does look kinda scary!!
    01-29-09 08:30 PM
    There are a lot of people who report issues with the facebook app (I personally haven't had any, but that doesn't mean anything). One of the biggest things to remember when using it is to delete your notifications regularly.

If you do decide to update your OS, go ahead an PM me and I will walk you through it. It's generally painless, as long as you do it right.

01-29-09 08:35 PM
    i do have facebook on my phone (and i love it). do ppl generally have trouble with it? i have a few games i can do without as well. i will try to delete some of them. if that doesn't work i will attempt the upgrade even though it does look kinda scary!!
    Yeah, FB is a problem on some BBs. As far as the upgrade goes, Aero is correct. It is not too bad once you get through it.
    01-29-09 08:40 PM
    From my experience with the problem you are having is it is a CDMA BB only problem thus far. When clicking send in the messaging screen the BB will hang for an extended period of time. This only happens if you have a long history of SMS messages with that person on your BB. This problem did not exist on any GSM BB I have owned and the only way I have found to rectify the problem is to delete your SMS messages. It is not caused by the Facebook application or low memory.

01-29-09 08:48 PM
    Facebook for ME was a mess. It ate memory like crazy and was always not working right. You can use it just keep an eye on it. "watch the free memory" that you did earlier. When it gets low you can reboot if you wish to free things up. Doing battery pulls is something you will need to do every now and then with a blackberry.

Also make sure you close out apps properly (use menu close) and if you ever want to see what is running on your BB simply hit ALT and escape and it will show you what is running. What should always be running is: Messages, Phone, Home Screen, BBM, Browser.
    01-29-09 08:59 PM
    I have this issue, only with my girlfriend (so we have a huge text history) but when I text other people who I don't have a large history, the message will send instantly without a delay.

I'm on 4.5 Telus (CDMA).

01-30-09 01:16 AM
    i have a delay myself. But its with MMS messages more than SMS. I never quite figured it out except for the battery pull that fixes the issue temporarily
    01-30-09 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD