when ever I send an SMS message I click on send and the pop up box hangs (BB locks up) for about 10 seconds before taking me back to the message window. I originally had it set to save past 3 months but have lowered it down to 15 days (rebooted after the change) and still having the same issue. I am running OS 169 and have 36400254 file free. Any ideas?
    08-26-09 02:19 PM
    Check to see if you have any extra apps running in device memory (hold Alt key, press the Back key). You should only have the 5 native apps running (Phone, BB Messenger, browser, Home, Messages). Close anything else.

If no extra apps are running in memory, then take your memory card out of the BB and see if the lag goes away. Sometimes a corrupted file system on the card can cause problems like you describe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 02:28 PM
    If it is the memory card, transfer your content off the card, reformat the card in the BB, then transfer your content back to the card.

08-26-09 02:29 PM
    Check to see if you have any extra apps running in device memory (hold Alt key, press the Back key). You should only have the 5 native apps running (Phone, BB Messenger, browser, Home, Messages). Close anything else.

If no extra apps are running in memory, then take your memory card out of the BB and see if the lag goes away. Sometimes a corrupted file system on the card can cause problems like you describe.

I have Google Talk, Phone, Home, Browser, Live Messenger, Google Voice, Yahoo Messenger, and Messages running. Will try the memory card thing now.
    08-26-09 02:31 PM
    That's a lot of ish to have open at one time.

It's no wonder your BB is slow.

08-26-09 02:34 PM
    Pulling the memory card had no effect. When trying to close the apps the close but reopen in a few seconds. Also there is only 3 additional apps running from the 5
    Last edited by AllGood; 08-26-09 at 02:43 PM.
    08-26-09 02:39 PM
    Lol, patches.

08-26-09 02:48 PM
    Ok here is what i figured out. The problem I was having was because the "thread" was so long. The longer it got the longer it took. I sent a new message instead of replying and it went fast like it was suppose to.
    08-27-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD