Let me explain...here goes...

Right now when I send an email from my vzn 8330 the recipient gets it in a plain text format. So no matter if i'm replying to an email that shows colored font, bold, and those sort of things on my phone, when I reply to it it converts it to a plain text format that takes out all of the colored font, bolds, and the whole look of the email changes.

In other words, the look of an email I send looks no different than an sms txt message to the recipient, same plain font and cannot change the look of the font.

Is there an option or setting somewhere to send email other than as a plain text email?

Thanks.
    08-29-08 01:03 PM
    sounds like its the settings on the other persons phone, or does it do this with pc emails as well
    08-29-08 01:06 PM
    Yeah, I'm talking about sending to pc email.

When I recieve an email where the sender sent it using outlook, it looks fine on my phone, but when they get my reply the email is now in plain text mode. If they had things underlined, or bolded, or blue font, it wipes all of that out and turns the whole email into plain text.
    08-29-08 01:19 PM
    Blackberry always sends the email out as plain text. No way around it. At least I haven't been able to find a way.
    08-29-08 02:24 PM
    you'll need to wrap your text with commands for instance [ size=5 ] your text [ /size ] will set to #5 font. for color [ color=red ] your text [ /color ]...see link for more http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/cha...t-color-57378/
    08-29-08 02:48 PM
    I beleive he is saying that after replying to an email received it strips all of the tags from the original that he is replying to, by the time the original sender gets it back.

I can see how that would be annoying.

BTW Taylor , congratulations on "Master" status , but thats kinda "my" thing ...................lol
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 08-29-08 at 03:09 PM.
    08-29-08 03:06 PM
    I beleive he is saying that after replying to an email received it strips all of the tags from the original that he is replying to, by the time the original sender gets it back.

I can see how that would be annoying.

BTW Taylor , congratulations on "Master" status , but thats kinda "my" thing ...................lol
    Thanks! I'm not real sure what the op means but this method works for the wap should in this instance as well. I tested to my hotmail and it works, a pain but it works. I guess if you wanted to do this often you could set it up in autotext. but I'm not going into all that.
    08-29-08 03:24 PM
    I suppose its possible its a 4.3 vs 4.5 thing? I just forwarded an email I received on my BB to my wife and all graphics , images etc remained intact.
    08-29-08 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD