I just searched the forum to see if there was a previous post about this
    i didn't find anything so i'm hoping i'm not reposting
    but does anyone know why I can't send bbm's while on the phone?
    my friend has the same phone and he was bbming me while he was on the phone so i'm not sure why mine won't bbm while i'm on the phone
    10-19-09 11:29 PM
    Nevermind... I misread your phone model as a 8320.

I suspect your friend was using wifi while talking and sending data. You cannot do voice and data simultaneously on EDGE. Only 3G or wifi supports this.
    Last edited by knightc2; 10-19-09 at 11:41 PM.
    10-19-09 11:36 PM
    we're on the same plan and have the same phone
    and we're both with telus which is why i'm confused as to how he was sending me bbms while on the phone and we don't have data plans we're on the social network plan. also we both have 8330s so no wifi
    10-19-09 11:41 PM
    I don't know, apparently your friend knows some trick for opening worm holes and being in two dimensions simultaneously because in this dimension you cannot send data during a phone call... I can send sms messages while making calls, but sms and BBM are not the same species... Trying to send a BBM during a phone call is like trying to direct your device browser to blackberry.com/appworld and download the newest appworld while placing a call, it can't be done in this dimension...

I said all that to say this, the only thing that I can think of is that your friend has installed OS 5.0.0.230 on their curve. An interesting little feature of .230 is that with the newest BBM, sms messages are displayed in BBM for existing BBM contacts... For example, let's say I have a chat open with a contact in BBM and they send me an actual sms message, I can view that message, edit my reply and send in BBM, even though it is actually an sms text... The incoming sms will display like a BBM chat with that contact, with the exception that there is a little phone icon next to the thread in the chats list...

P.S. Supposing that your friend does know how to open a worm hole and simultaneously occupy space in two dimensions, get the details for this process and send them along, we'll be rich!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 02:40 AM
    so turns out we found out he has the 8330m where as i just have the normal 8330 that might be a contributing factor but
    really he was on the phone in his car bbming and talking on the phone
    well he wasn't driving but you get my point
    10-29-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD