Hi all, was having some problems and thought I'd give you all a try.

I have 2 email accounts setup on my blackberry. A is a school address that I have forwarded to B (gmail) with no copy remaining on the A server.

If I go to "Compose New Email" I can select either address and can send successfully.

If I get an email sent to address A and it is forwarded to gmail I can only respond via the gmail address. I cannot select the other (original) email address that is forwarding to gmail.

Is there anyway around this?
    Thanks all!
    06-01-08 12:44 PM
    If you have multiple email accounts setup, when you create a new email you can send via either one, because that's a choice you have since you haven't created the email yet and it's not associated with an email account yet.

If you try to reply to an email however, you're tied down to using the same email account that the email came to. This is no different then what would happen in Outlook or another email client. Each account is setup in a different profile in Outlook and you cannot switch profiles and have the same email in each one.

Hope that makes sense. Just think of each email account you setup as a separate setup. My guess is that you're so used to using the Messages folder/icon that you've forgotten that it's just a "display all" view, rather then control of your emails. I use each individual email account mailbox icon, so I don't get confused on your issue and it makes perfect sense to me that if I get an email on one account, I have to use that same account to reply back.
    06-01-08 02:09 PM
    JRSCCivic98 is correct, however you can use a program called BBReply to change your reply-to address. I have not used it as I don't have a need for it, but here is the link if you want to try it out. Be sure to report back here on how it works for others who might be interested!

BBReply (Blackberry) - Download

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-01-08 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD