I have had my Curve for a while now and this issue has just started a few days ago.

The send/recieve arrows (data transfer) are pretty much always on. Of course this is a huge drain on the battery.

I have closed all applications (not just 'backed out'). I only have the usual applications running (home, messeges, browser, phone) I spoke to a service tech on the phone and he had me 'wipe' the phone and start over. I did that and restored my contacts, calendar etc.

I went to the Bell Mobility store today and they have no idea. We all agree that it is not a defective battery. The battery is just draining (in about 4 hrs) due to the phone being stuck in send/recieve mode. Battery pulls have had no effect.

As a result of 'wiping' the phone last night I have also lost all my BBM contacts. Because the phone is in a continuous send/recieve mode, I was not even able to add new contacts to BBM. I have since deleted BBM figuring I would just go to the Blackberry Mobile site and re-install it.... however I am not able to do that now either. I am getting a message telling me that my phone does not meet the requirements to install the program??? How can that be? I have not changed OS. And yes I tried looking on DM to install from there... but it is not listed as an option for adding. I need BB Messenger.

And help on either of these issues would be greatly appreciated. I am still rather new to the BB world, so gentle and speak in simple terms please...lol. I'm learning, but I have a long ways to go. One thing I have learned from reading Crackberry is that there are a lot of smart people out there. I just hope one of you are able to talk me thru this fine mess.

Thanks.

PS... sorry for lengthy post. I wanted to include as much info as possible
    04-19-09 01:59 PM
    the data transfer issue could be a couple of things.. have you added any apps since youve had the phone? it could also be that you live in a very low service area where your phone is constantly searching for a signal. you might want to contact bell cs/tech support and see if there is a way to update your prl since they are a cdma carrier. it might help you get a better signal by finding the updated list of towers. prl= preffered roaming list. they should know what a prl is.
    04-19-09 02:13 PM
    Thanks for responding kwmksavage.
    However, I am not in a low signal area. I am just north of Toronto and have always had great signal strength. My g/f has a Pearl and has no issues with her phone.
    I have added a few apps in the last while. Hard not to once App World opened. But nothing in the last week and this issue just started Friday afternoon.
    Any other thoughts?
    04-19-09 02:21 PM
    Dude, my phone 8310 is doing the same thing and started on Friday too!! I'm on here trying to figure out what is going on. I too haven't added any app recently nor do I live in a weak signal place. My wife has the same phone and it's not doing it. It is seriously bugging me. I thought maybe if I swipe it clean it would fix it, but as you stated it's still doing it. Please somebody HELP!!!
    04-19-09 02:28 PM
    the only thing that i can think of is that you have and app that is constantly updating itself. check any app that has the ability to update itself and see what the settings are for said app. if you cant find anything, i would just delete any third party app you have, and over the next couple days start adding them back one by one to see of you can pinpoint the problem app.
    04-19-09 02:32 PM
    Never fear Mak. There are a whole host of brilliant folks on here. If it can be fixed, someone from this site will know how.
    I was told my the people at the store today that possibly the phone is just defective and that I need a replacement. However the Curve is on backorder and that could take several weeks. I can't survive that long with my phone running out of juice before lunch everyday.
    04-19-09 02:32 PM
    also, try a battery pull, phone on yank the battery out and replace in thirty seconds.
    04-19-09 02:35 PM
    Mine was doing that and now it don't. This is what I did.

I hit the back arrow/okay button to close out programs instead of the red button. The red button just hides them. I hit ALT OK button to see what apps are running.

In your browser when you get done looking at a site click home. That way it goes back to a site that isn't downloading anything constantly.

When you add favorites don't do auto synchronize. If you do that it will constantly check for updates on your phone. I think when you add a bookmark it automatically does it unless you uncheck it. So, delete all your book marks and add them again and uncheck it.

I'd be willing to be your bookmarks might be part of the problem.

But other than that... There might be an app that is constantly updating that you clicked on.

Try that and see what happens. Hit ALT and OK/back button at the same time. And hold them and it will show every app you have running. If theres something running you don't want select it and then hit the back/ok button until it's off the screen and it won't be in running apps anymore.
    04-19-09 03:12 PM
    After I posted my last message within minutes I hear an alert come through that I just received an email. Thought nothing of it while I was still on here searching. Well, I read a post saying something about BB MSGR, so I thought maybe I accidentally opened it and it is communicating with the network. So I get up and check my phone I see that I had 27 emails! I had a bunch of notifications from Facebook on Thurs-Friday, and that jammed up my email. This whole time my phone was trying to receive those emails. I am sure glad that it wasn't anything major!

Thanks for y'alls help either way!!
    Last edited by Mak345; 04-19-09 at 03:52 PM.
    04-19-09 03:49 PM
    I've been a BB user for almost 2 years now and I've never had any issues with my handheld...until this week! I started getting the exact same thing as you guys!

The unit would constantly send/receive (indicated by the arrows), draining the battery quite rapidly. I searched online and some people found that deleting the Facebook app resolved this problem. Others stated that it is your SIM card that is the culprit.

I'm just about to investigate. Will report back if I arrive at a solution!
    05-06-09 08:51 PM
    Anyone have an update on this? I don't have facebook, and mine just started doing this today!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 02:27 PM
    well folks,

I've purchased an Torch 9860 and I've been experiencing the same issue!
    I've been investigating for the last FOUR days.. I couldn't get any solution!
    If anyone had an way out pleeeease let us know here! I need some HELP!! It's been draining my battery like crazy!

=S
    it's being bugging me!

thx guys!
    11-01-11 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD