I use a 8330 on the Telus network and am having trouble with the "Search Recipient function. When I highlight a message from a user, (let's call the user Joe Smith) and select the Search Recipient from the menu it searches for all the messages sent from Joe Smith. At the top of the screen is says "Searching..." until the search is complete, then switches to "Search Results" when the search has completed.

Recently I have noticed the search will hang indefinitely when I use Search Recipient and the "Searching..." status will stay on until I click the Cancel button to the right of the trackball. At that point the "Searching..." status will switch to "Search Cancelled!"

I did a test using the normal Search function on Joe Smith from Any Address Field and got 4 messages, then did a Search Recipient on Joe Smith and also got 4 messages. The Search Recipient functions appears to return all the messages, but the "Searching..." status message stays on.

1. Has anyone else had this problem?
    2. What did you do to fix it?
    3. I have the Keep Messages setting in the Options menu set to 3 months. Is my inbox getting too full?

Any help or comments would be helpful.
    07-06-09 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD