I just purchased the Curve and I am curious what SD card size you guys recommend. Thanks in advance.
    06-08-09 10:38 PM
    Depends what you want to put on your card. If you want a gazillion full-length movies, then I'd recommend a 16 GB card.

Just to give you an idea, I have about 100+ .mp3s and 12 movies on my 8 GB card with a little under 3 GB free space left.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 10:45 PM
    Depends what you want to put on your card. If you want a gazillion full-length movies, then I'd recommend a 16 GB card.

Just to give you an idea, I have about 100+ .mp3s and 12 movies on my 8 GB card with a little under 3 GB free space left.

Thanks for the info. I wasnt planning on putting any movies on, just some songs and not may apps. I was thinking about going with the 2gb and I was thinking that might be ok for 75 songs or so.
    06-08-09 10:48 PM
    With memory cards, they are relatively cheap. You can get a bulk packaged 8 GB card from eBay for under $20 and a 4 GB for around $10, so don't settle for a 2 GB card. You don't want to regret not having the extra room.

06-08-09 10:52 PM
    You can't store applications on the SD card and run them. There is a 3rd party application that allows storage of 3rd party applications but when you wish to use them they still then need to be loaded into the devices application memory. I currently have a 16GB card in my 8330 and I've got around 4,000 mp3's on my device. Occasionally I throw a movie or a few television shows on my card when travelling...

ALB
    Thats a good suggestion. I am starting to see how cheap they can be.
    I have an 8 gb also. Like rider and others have said get the most you can for the dollar you want to spend.
    06-09-09 12:15 AM
    I've got an 8 gb card in my berry and I've used only .2 gbs. For music I really only use Pandora and I have some pics on here. I don't find myself looking at pics all day. Just a few good ones.

06-09-09 02:00 AM
    Something to keep in mind though, the OS on your BB determines what microSd card you can use. There's a list somewhere in the forums giving you the specs for it.
    06-09-09 02:43 AM
    I got an 8gb card off ebay for 12 dollars, + 2 more for shipping. hehe. I thought it was a good deal. I was thinking about a 16gb card, too. I love carrying all my music and all the videos I download off youtube or movies. You'll never know when you'll have downtime to catch up on your TV shows. Everyone thinks JUST because I have a blackberry I NEED to be constantly typing, while this comment is only 95% of the time true, the other 5% is because I'm too tired to type and just wanna relax. haha.

get an 8gb card and load up on stuff never delete another picture / video recorded . Memories!!!
    06-09-09 03:20 AM
    I just got a 2 8g's one for my phone and one for my laptop, cost 33$ with free shipping. If you look around online you can find deals
    06-09-09 06:47 AM
    Get the largest size you OS and budget allow.

Here is a list of SD card size by OS version:
    SD Card Sizes
    06-09-09 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD