Just want to make sure before I buy a new MicroSDHC card tomorrow. I am running a VZW 8330 Curve 4.3.0.127

Does that mean it will accomodate a SanDisk 8GB MicroSDHC card?
    07-27-08 09:09 PM
    Yes I also have the 8330 4.3.0.127 and an 8GB microsd card and it works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 09:13 PM
    Here is a great reference for all things related to microSD cards, by Pete6: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...c-cards-46673/
    07-27-08 09:31 PM
    Just curious what kind of deal are you getting on the microsd you plan on buying tomorrow?

And yes the above posted guide is a great reference for card compatability. Check it out.

07-27-08 09:54 PM
    4.2.1 is 2gb
    4.2.2 is 4gb
    4.3 is 8gb
    4.5 is 12gb+

07-27-08 09:59 PM
    I went to Amazon and they had a SanDisk 8GB MicroSDHC for $35.29. The ones I saw on Ebay were $43.99. I want the one with the card reader included.
    07-27-08 09:59 PM
    Yeah I got mine on Amazon also. They have a lot of great deals especially if you don't care for Ebay too much , which I don't.

I got mine for $32.xx for Sandisc 8gb microsd card bulk packaging. I was very pleased with what I got.

07-27-08 10:03 PM
    One more question, do I go to my BB DM and plug in my BB with my 2GB card installed and then go and transfer everything from the 2GB to my desktop, then transfer to my new 8GB?

Should I put in the new 8GB card and format it in my BB before using it?
    07-27-08 10:26 PM
    One more question, do I go to my BB DM and plug in my BB with my 2GB card installed and then go and transfer everything from the 2GB to my desktop, then transfer to my new 8GB?

Should I put in the new 8GB card and format it in my BB before using it?
    You don't need to use DM. Just use Mass Storage Mode, but otherwise, yes, that's how I would do it. Copy from the old card to the PC, then from the PC to the new card. Or you could put the microSD in an SD adapter and put it in your PC, if your PC slot will work with SDHC cards. If so, then it's a direct copy, eliminating one step. Or better still, put the 2GB in the PC, where there should be no compatibility issues, and put the 8GB in the BlackBerry. Then when you finish the direct copy, you're done.

07-27-08 10:36 PM
    4.2.1 is 2gb
    4.2.2 is 4gb
    4.3 is 8gb
    4.5 is 12gb+

Not completely true
    07-27-08 10:42 PM
    That's how I went from my 2gb to 8gb with a card reader. Just copied the 2gb card to my desktop to a folder called "2gb" and the copied over again to the 8gb using the card reader. Or same with mass storage mode.

You really don't want to do it with the media manager , it is SO slow with the 8gb card.

Also I formatted the 8gb card in the curve before I put anything on it. Probably don't have to as long as you maintain folder structure from the 2gb , but better safe than sorry imo.

07-27-08 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD