I have had a T-Mo 8320 for almost 2 years now and have never had any problems syncing or connecting to my computer. My wife recently upgraded her phone to a Verizon 8330 and I am having the weirdest problem with her phone.

When I connect her phone (Verizon 8330) to the computer via usb, the phone is recognized and shows in desktop manager (v 4.7). HOWEVER, this connection is usually very fleeting. More often than not, after a few minutes the phone gets stuck on the "Connected to Desktop" screen and the computer/desktop manager drops the connection. (Note - the phone doesn't actually lock up and require a reboot when this happens.) When this happens, I physically disconnect the phone which terminates the "Connected to Desktop" screen and the phone returns to normal operation.

I am actually able to sync/backup/access the media card IF I manage to do it before the phone gets stuck on the "Connected to Desktop" screen. I just can't seem to get the phone to hold a reliable connection to the computer/desktop manager. I have downgraded my DM all the way back to 4.5 and had the same problem with every version. I have not ever seen this problem with my T-Mo 8320.

Suggestions or solutions from someone that has seen this problem would be greatly appreciated. (Just to be clear - this post is about my wife's Verizon 8330, not my T-Mo 8320.)
    05-28-09 07:52 AM
    Hm, maybe it is the memory card? Try to take the memory card out and see if it gives the same issue.
    05-28-09 07:54 AM
    Hm, maybe it is the memory card? Try to take the memory card out and see if it gives the same issue.
    Tried that one too. Even bought a brand new Kingston 4gb. Same probelm.
    05-28-09 08:53 AM
    Bump. Any additional info will be appreciated.
    05-29-09 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD